Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A good day in the garden - what did you pick today?  (Read 3755 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: A good day in the garden - what did you pick today?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 11:07:43 am »
Not weather for picking veg out of the garden.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 01:09:52 pm »
Remembered I did have something else to pick - rocket! Just having some for my lunch.

Spinach will be ready soon, too; and I discovered today there is a little pumpkin on the plant, and a courgette (on another plant, of course!).

Oh, and I picked a handful of snails and slugs, as usual.  :(

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 05:55:38 pm »
I bet if we made loads of money from snails and slugs, there would be hardly any in the garden, we both picked loads of flowers from the garden....I let my husband do some flower arrangements and he went mad!!

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »
I picked UP a mint plant from Aldi today. My gardening skills are so bad, I can even kill mint, that's if the goats don't eat it first, as with everything. However, now my fruit garden has been fenced off, Im going to have a good crop of blackcurrants and hopefully some redcurrants too. Plus, my cherry tree is actually going to give us a small bowl full I think, thanks to putting netting over. My grape vine has also gone mad this year, fingers crossed on that one too. We haven't had any rain today, so Im just off to water!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 07:19:36 pm »
Eating our cherrys Mary but disaster struck last night. The strong wind took the main branch of our new apricot tree - yes the one with 70% of the fruit on it.
Still eating the spinach folks ! I made a chickpea curry with spinach and some peas and corrainder out of the garden.
Cleared my neighbours potatoes store for her so the pigs will be eating spuds for a week !
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS