Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anybody else going to Lanark Auction tomorrow?  (Read 3115 times)

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
Anybody else going to Lanark Auction tomorrow?
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »
I am going - hoping to buy a few chickens! Anyone else? It will be the first time I have ever bought anything at auction so I am quite excited and nervous! :farmer: ;D

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Anybody else going to Lanark Auction tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 01:07:10 am »
I hadn't realised it was on tomorrow! I would quite like to go, but not sure if I can convince the other half.... A couple of items tempt me.

Will see what tomorrow morning brings.

Beth

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »
Hi Beth! I bought 2 chocolate orpington silkie crosses!   ;D :chook: ;D Well, actually I bought a trio and sold the cockerel to the bloke who had been bidding against me for a fiver! He was a gorgeous big boy but I can't have cockerels becaue of the neighbours.
They are beautiful but a bit timid and overawed by their new surroundings. They are freeranging around with the others at the moment - the oldies are grumbling a bit but are leaving them alone so far!

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 06:31:32 pm »
I turned up late as usual, but had a good day

Got a bit of a bargain on the Rcom incy, but rather fancied the big 250 egg jobbie... god only knows where i'd have put it   ???

I'll be back next month   ;)

clumbaboy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Gretna
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:04:17 pm »
hi everyone,
                went to the sale as well came back with a trio of lavender araucana for £20 and four black rock pullets which were £25, seems to be a lot cheaper at lanark than at longtown, may go back next month as some of my older birds need thinning out slightly and hopefully my egg production may start to rise again. :wave: :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 07:43:23 pm »
Wish I'd gone there now - lost another ex batt this morning - no idea why - just found her deaded!  Down to 3 ex batts a Warren (Lucky) and a LS.  Must get some more.  Not sdure what though.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:31 pm »
Well Annie, why not go to the rare breeds sale at Lanark in August (19th I think) and see what takes your fancy  ;) I'm definately going to it cos the kids will be back at school by then.  ;D ;D ;D

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 08:12:45 pm »
Funny to think you guys were there and I didnt know who you were! I was the huge  curly blonde ponytailed woman with a bright green jacket dragging a blonde 9 year old boy around .... :wave: :wave: :wave: ;D ;D
I couldnt believe how cheap the pekins were selling. I nearly bid for the lemon cuckoo one until someone pointed out it was a cockerel  ::) ::)

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 08:50:40 pm »
Can't say i noticed you to be honest.

Kinda fancied the Buff Sussex growers, but don't have the room until i build another coop & run   ::)

It would be too easy to spend a small fortune there   :D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »
Can't say i noticed you to be honest.  :D
There you go, Val, you're invisible, just like I used to be when I was working ;) ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 07:56:33 am »
Actually Anne, I think I turned invisible when I hit 40 and gained 5 stones!  :D :D :D :D

Yes Dave the buff sussex were nice. I also fancied the white silkie pullet pair. Having seen the light sussex bantams, I realise now that mine is not a bantam at all - she is just quite wee!

My new girls settled down to sleep with the old ones easily enough last night but I got up at the crack of dawn to let them out in case they were fighting in the run. There has been the odd peck but nothing serious - so a big sigh of relief!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS