Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Charlie  (Read 2665 times)

helskitchen

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Near Huntingdon
Charlie
« on: July 12, 2011, 07:53:31 pm »
Got an adorable 9 month old cat today, he is all black and is called Charlie.  His last owner didnt want him anymore, I am his 3rd owner already bless him  >:(  He is easily the most friendliest, calmest cat I have ever met, and he has fallen in love with my son which is brilliant!  His previous owner didnt like the fact that he hunts and brings presents every day - although I dont particularly enjoy picking up dead mice etc the less rodents the better as far as I am concerned!  Why do people get animals that they dont expect to show their instinctive behaviour??!!   ::)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Charlie
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »
poor Charlie, what a start in life! 
Sounds like he'll be just right with you...   and hopefully bring you luck, being black  :D

and you'll get tough to the corpses, yesterday our tabby brought me a shrew and placed it delicately at my feet.... skinned it, ate half of it then left it! 
the kittens came past so I called them & showed it them, Frankie ate all but the odd organ, which Alf polished off!
  As you say, its their nature... and here, their job!   
Little Blue

helskitchen

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Near Huntingdon
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »
poor Charlie, what a start in life! 
Sounds like he'll be just right with you...   and hopefully bring you luck, being black  :D

and you'll get tough to the corpses, yesterday our tabby brought me a shrew and placed it delicately at my feet.... skinned it, ate half of it then left it! 
the kittens came past so I called them & showed it them, Frankie ate all but the odd organ, which Alf polished off!
  As you say, its their nature... and here, their job!   

Oh I don't mind, its just not a job to particularly 'like'.  I used to it now, Minnie is an accomplished hunter, amongst her donations to the family larder (as I think they see it!) squirrels, pigeons, crows, rabbits, mice, rats, shrews and moles.  She does a very good job of keeping the feed shed free of rodents, don't think she'll mind too much having some help!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:14:09 pm »
how well has she coped with Charlie?

above-mentioned tabby hates new arrivals, whereas the "middle" one loves having the kittens to play rough and tumble with!  (kittens; they are over a year old now!)
Little Blue

helskitchen

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Near Huntingdon
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:41:53 pm »
how well has she coped with Charlie?

above-mentioned tabby hates new arrivals, whereas the "middle" one loves having the kittens to play rough and tumble with!  (kittens; they are over a year old now!)

She had a look and a sniff when she met him, then stuck her nose and tail in the air and sauntered back off down the garden where she was previously heading before I rudely interrupted her!  ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 09:58:15 pm »
that's pretty good, better than trying to kill him!
Aren't they funny  :D

Del swore and growled at the kittens continuously for about 2 months, and even now takes a sneaky swipe when they walk past!  though she cuddles up to them (more Frankie) when she thinks we're not looking!

Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS