Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Raised dog beds  (Read 11256 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Raised dog beds
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 10:57:49 pm »
I got tuffies for my old pair of collies and they were fantastic for them - unfortunately Zip is on his second in 2 years those sharp young collies teeth seem to love nibbling holes  :innocent:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »
we have ordered our first tuffie so waiting delivery, i didnt realise they are made just up the road from me!
i was also going to order a little raised bed for the little dog but got fed up with trying to find an available user name in the checkout so gave up. why do companies want so much info from you when all you want to do is buy the product? they lost a sale there as i dont have patience for faffing around with usernames and login details.
if the tuffie is as good as the testimonials then we will get 3 more so fingers crossed.
its my gsd's 10th birthday soon so any excuse !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
will post a photo when it comes !
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:45:20 pm by shygirl »

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 07:26:38 am »
 :thumbsup: , I would love them for our pack but not until we move.......I hate all the information they ask for, they just sell it on for money........my brother went to a shop to buy a laptop a few years ago and walked out as they wanted so much information.....

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 07:37:10 am »
My dog has a cage, up off the floor, with several layers of vetbed and a huge sheet of underlay over the top to cut out drafts. In the winter one section of underlay hangs over the door as a flap.

Vet bed is great stuff - really wicks the moisture away.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 08:45:16 am »
I use a cheap version of vet bed and love it, washes and drys very quickly and it's nice and snugly.....are dogs watch Tv with us but then go the their bedrooms, we are lucky enough to have a great potting shed lean too and a conservatory type lean too......although imminatle the potting sheds also going to be mine and the pups bed room for a few weeks soon, I love it

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 04:51:35 pm »
Am I the only one that no matter what dog bed you buy in whatever colour / material, they always end up on the sofa? :innocent:
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 06:29:13 pm »
Not our collies they don't like living in the house (and the Doberman would eat them), their waterproof Tuffies with wicking covers arrived today and they look very snug in their new bespoke kennels! :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 06:40:32 pm »
Am I the only one that no matter what dog bed you buy in whatever colour / material, they always end up on the sofa? :innocent:
And the bed  :-[
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »
No dog we have or had would ever be allowed on a bed or a sofa.....they would stink :huff:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 09:33:14 pm »
Our tuffie arrived and we are really pleased with it, looks hard wearing and generous sizes so 2 large beds is enough for our 4 dogs. The kids have been playing on it so it must be comfy. I wouldn't mind a similar mattress for caravan actually. ;D
Our dogs get so messy with mud in winter and pond water in summer, they are restricted to 1 room in the house. They used to have free run of the house but the amount of housework they create is ridiculous,especially as they roll in any poo they can find and stink. :o

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 09:45:46 pm »
I know what you mean about muck, we have cream carpets and magnolia walls :innocent:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:29 pm »
someone has chewed the corner off of the new bed - it lasted all of 6 days in new condition.  :rant: :rant:  it was £130 and took ages to save up for - do they appreciate anything??? :gloomy:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 09:58:41 am »
Oh dear, that's one reason I do not buy anything that looks attractive, we bought a lovely wicker one and the corners were chewed very quickly, I think they like to create their own individual look....naughty dog :rant:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 12:57:11 pm »
Tuffies sell a moulded bed which they offer a money back guarantee on if chewed, it's the only model they dare do this on,

Our new Tuffies with wicking covers have been excellent, one of the dogs had an toiler accident while we were away, and the dog sitter could just remove the cover and hose it down and it was dry a couple of hours later.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 12:01:30 am »
In all those pictures the only dogs that look happy (and that's only because of their lolling tongues) are the 2 big dogs, I think all the others are being told to 'STAY'.
These tuffies sound good. We found some furry (faux Sheepskin?) underblankets when we cleared my dads house, very useful folded up and on the bean bags.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS