Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: DFS Crufts 2011  (Read 14372 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
DFS Crufts 2011
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:58:03 am »
Results on here if anyone is interested.
http://crufts.fossedata.co.uk/default.asp
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
Re: DFS Crufts 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 10:04:29 pm »
I thought that the coverage on more 4 was good tonight! Jet showed really well I thought. Don't fancy the round trip for Sunday tho'

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:00 pm »
Yes, I was quite impressed but that idiot Dougie should take a hike.  Yes, long journey for the Irvine's, Jim said they left before 2 am this morning, won't be home till well after midnight probably. At least Sunday is an afternoon job, can maybe leave a bit later..
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:24:05 pm »
that idiot Dougie should take a hike. 

Couldn't agree more!

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:53:00 pm »
Not watching it myself but a friend is down there showing her bearded collies. No results in for them yet.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:34:25 pm »
Only gundogs today, not sure when the pastoral and working days are.  You can watch it on the channel 4 player thingy probably. ;D

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 11:38:11 pm »
Working and pastoral tomorrow  :)

Ian

Snapper

• Joined Mar 2010
    • walbut house farm
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 09:18:26 am »
Thanks for the link Annie, I'd love to check and see if any of the Kennel names from our dogs pedigrees are in the show this year.
It was a real thrill to see Skyes Dad get best Veteran at Crufts a few years ago.
Anne

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 03:37:26 pm »
I so enjoyed watching last night when the Flatcoat won the gundog class, such a happy dog and was a joy to see. :dog:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 09:23:26 pm »
Jet is a lovely friendly dog, and his owners are lovely people.  Jim will be exhausted on Monday after all that driving!

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »
Thanks for the link Annie

Our boy's daughter who is owned by his dad's owner (she lives with her grandad) won the Yearling Bitch class - so chuffed for her  ;D

Did get the telephone call, but nice to see it posted  :D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:14:48 am »
Saw The German Shepherd win the group last night. Having had Shepherds for years I am a huge fan but I am not keen on the long sloping back which seems to be seen in most of the show dogs and not the working ones. Fallon was only shown once as  she was not happy in the ring but she loved doing the obedience, her sire Hundark Chuck-A-Mental of Vascans Dam Miss Mighty had a lot of German Blood stunning dogs but their backs did not slope so much as the winner last night.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 10:05:41 am »
Saw The German Shepherd win the group last night. Having had Shepherds for years I am a huge fan but I am not keen on the long sloping back which seems to be seen in most of the show dogs and not the working ones. Fallon was only shown once as  she was not happy in the ring but she loved doing the obedience, her sire Hundark Chuck-A-Mental of Vascans Dam Miss Mighty had a lot of German Blood stunning dogs but their backs did not slope so much as the winner last night.
We are all very surprised that dog got through as the KC give all Crufts Judges a strong lecture just before they go in the ring on winners having to be 'fit for function'  There is no way that dog complied IMO!  Numerous Judges have withheld awards this year for that reason.  The Bracco Judge withheld 5 I believe.

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 11:17:13 am »
We are all very surprised that dog got through as the KC give all Crufts Judges a strong lecture just before they go in the ring on winners having to be 'fit for function'  There is no way that dog complied IMO!  Numerous Judges have withheld awards this year for that reason.  The Bracco Judge withheld 5 I believe.

I was a bit shocked at the labrador, it looks nothing like all the working labs we see round here. They are all long-legged, sleek and slim (and black, seems like golden is the rarest colour these days). That one looked like a short fat dumpling! :) I have no idea what the standard calls for mind you. It must be difficult sometimes to marry what the standard asks for and what is best for the job, I guess?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »
Labrador retrievers are yellow, golden retrievers are golden.

Some of the Show labs are really heavy, far too much so, and I would presoanlly penalise those as not being 'fit for function' when judging, but then again many of the working labs are far too tall and lean to be any good in the field. Some are more like lurchers than labs.  Whatever the type of work they do, show or field, they should all fit the KC standard.  A lab should be built for endurance and heavy deep water work, not for sprinting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS