Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for smallholding and farmhouse to rent but no idea where to start  (Read 1145 times)

AppleCrumble

• Joined May 2024
Hi all,

New here although I was on here 15 years ago when I was farming.
I am looking for a smallholding and a farmhouse on the same land to rent in the Bristol/South West area but with some many websites all leading to nowhere it seems, Im struggling.

Could one of you good folks please point me in the right direction of where to start to look for a small holding with a farm house to lease? I'm looking for something long term.

I hope you are all well.

Kind regards.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
I’d try the agricultural land agents.  (Kivells for one, covers most of the south west, but there’ll be local agencies across the regions.  Eg., Nancekivell for Exmoor.)  They’ll be handling farm tenancies etc., and would be most likely to be handling any smallholding lettings. And check with the county councils if they have any county smallholdings or small farms they let out, and where they advertise when they do.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
We found our smallholding through GTH. They cover Somerset and Devon. Ours was freehold not leasehold but if there are any for rent GTH may well be dealing with them. They are very helpful and knowledgeable about  agricultural tenancies so well worth giving them a ring.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS