Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thrilled to bits!  (Read 1542 times)

Oopsiboughtasheep

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Hampshire
Thrilled to bits!
« on: June 21, 2015, 11:14:20 am »
I have just had confirmation that my dog Loki has been accepted as a Pets as Therapy dog following his recent assessment, so we will soon be able to visit people and hopefully brighten their day a bit. Nothing special I realise as so many people do this with their lovely dogs.....but he is a dalmatian (!!!!!) and so many people (including dog trainers) have been telling me for years that I would never pass the test with one (I have had 3), so it is special to me. I know there are a few other dallies doing it but not many apparently so I am ridiculously proud of him.  Just wanted to share my excitement with other 'dog' people so I hope you don't mind!
Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Thrilled to bits!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 11:29:36 am »
I can't imagine why people have told you that you won't pass.  That is very negative - I wouldn't attempt it with my hooligans  :eyelashes: but i do know of a couple of PAT Brittanys so it is even possible with them  :innocent: - so very very much congratulations - you and your dog will do a great deal of good!  :thumbsup:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Oopsiboughtasheep

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 12:06:03 pm »
Thankyou doganjo. Yes, I thought it was a very negative attitude as well which made me even more determined to try! I have had Dallies for 16years and they are wonderful dogs. Granted my other 2 wouldn't have been quite what they were looking for  :roflanim:  but Loki has done me proud.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 12:50:49 pm »
Well done both of you  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 05:42:17 pm »
fantastic achievement!

Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Oopsiboughtasheep

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Hampshire
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 07:22:34 pm »
Thankyou!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS