Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Freelander 1 Dog Guard wanted  (Read 2937 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Freelander 1 Dog Guard wanted
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:27:23 pm »
My Weimi used to be well behaved & would stay in the back, quite safely since we had him as a puppy.  Now, at just over a year old, he's suddenly started jumping over to the back seat - he doesn't do it all the time, but he does it sometimes while we're moving & I'm worried for his safety.
Anyone got an old guard for sale that will fit my Landy - I'm not overly concerned what it looks like (my Landy's a bit rough  :innocent:  ) just that it fits ok & it's cheap  :eyelashes:  ?
Up at Forfar this Sunday, if that's any use?  Thanks
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Freelander 1 Dog Guard wanted
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:39:05 pm »
We made one out of an old aviary panel. It slips a bit sometimes and a determined whippet can squeeze through but, on the whole it works :D  We just made the frame , fastened the aviary netting to it and cable-tied it to whatever we could.

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:02:33 pm »
The other cheaper option is to put a collar/harness on and fasten him so he can't jumpover.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »

The other cheaper option is to put a collar/harness on and fasten him so he can't jumpover.
The way he's behaving at the mo he'd probably chew thro it  ::)   Today he's trashed the 1st Aid box that was under the passenger seat  :o
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:56:43 pm »
Oh dear. :innocent:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »
Oh dear. :innocent:
I honestly thought MUZZLE for about 3 seconds today - but I couldn't do that to my baby  :eyelashes:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 11:53:29 pm »
I think I'd be considering a dog cage before he chews the rest of the car  :o

The interior in ours always is heavily worn so a bit of chewed sandpapered area is not too easily noticed  :innocent: But ... seat belts are expensive to replace.  :rant:

A cage is definitely the cheapest option. It can be bought for your car  model, made by individuals who will make to order.

That aside, safety is so important. I know a lady who lost her husband as he  wasn't wearing a seatbelt, but her Rottweiler had a seatbelt  so was restrained, and survived  :o

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 09:40:18 am »
Hiya Mz  :wave:
I did have a crate for him, that fitted rather snuggly into the back - but he outgrew it a few months ago  ::)
He doesn't chew the car at all - just "things" in it - it's like he's suddenly getting a form of seperation anxiety - he has water in his bowl, comfy vetbed & at least 2 nylabones & he's been used to travelling in the car since we got him.
Can you recommend any of the bespoke cage suppliers?
That accident your friend had must have been an awful experience for her  :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS