Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pneumonia  (Read 5050 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Pneumonia
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 06:47:54 pm »
Good, they sound as though they're on the mend  :thumbsup:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »
No.1 kid has had 3 doses of antibiotic and no.2 has had 2 doses, temperatures are normal but they still seem to be breathing very fast, do you think that I should get the vet out again? They seem bright in themselves and are getting out and about ,jumping about on the bales.
I have also found little Benjamin Button trying to mount his cousins although he is supposed to be castrated and is only a month old!!!
Anne

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
Getting a Piggie back - as a young visitor here described the kids behavior is quite normal between both sexes of goat. Same sex, opposite, brother, sister etc Entire males should be kept apart at about two and a half months as I believe can do the job at three months. My castrated males will give it a go whenever the girls are in season - I use it as a signal!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 10:21:06 pm »
No.1 kid has had 3 doses of antibiotic and no.2 has had 2 doses, temperatures are normal but they still seem to be breathing very fast, do you think that I should get the vet out again? They seem bright in themselves and are getting out and about ,jumping about on the bales.
I have also found little Benjamin Button trying to mount his cousins although he is supposed to be castrated and is only a month old!!!

To save the call-out fee you could just make an apppointment and take them to the vets, surely they fit a dog/cat carrier? Maybe best to have them checked out, but the antibiotics should havw done their thing and it could take a little while to clear up.

I had a female kid in a show last summer and while out in her class she tried to mount another female kid in front of her... the judge came back and checked that she was indeed a female... needless to say I was last in that line  ::) ...

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:33 pm »
Snowdrop and Bluebell are sisters and as kids they where always mouting eachother
Graham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS