Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vets bill  (Read 5408 times)

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Vets bill
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 02:04:22 pm »
It doesn't matter how justified it is or isn't, they are missing the point,  it's the fact that you should have been advised of the charge anyway and esp when it's something that (altho they might like to think otherwise) you CAN research good info for on the net and therefore wouldn't assume to be chargeable.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 09:17:44 pm »
its funny - i got really upset when i got charged for a prescription when i thought it would be free. they should let you know in advance of the fees - but when does a vet do this unless you ask. i was very tempted to change vets on principle except, they are basically good vets.
i do try now to ask in advance how much things will cost when we are the surgery. rather than blindly agreeing. though when on a call-out iv no idea how much things will cost.
it was £80 to get 2 cows tested for pregnancy, he forgot the scanner even tho i specifically asked for it to be brought - and one cow didnt get a confirmed diagnosis either way.
the second year - he brought the scanner, but £40 diagnosis fee for each calf is a big percentage of their value.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 08:23:22 pm »
Our vet fees ( in France) are low and we get some consultations free but what reall got me was when they wanted to refund me the money for unused prescribed drugs that they had dispensed for our dog.
I may have mentioned before that we have a relative who graduate as a Vet  next year and tells us that he is looking forward to raking it in !!! He seemed to know the rates the French Vets charge and tells me that they are stupid - ( money grabbing git that he is).
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS