Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Facebook?  (Read 13386 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Facebook?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 08:23:42 pm »
same here.
But why would I want to spend time talking about it?!  Much better things to do in my own time thanks very much!

I have it to keep in touch with people I don't see every work-day!
Little Blue

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 08:27:54 pm »
I agree ......but I work with a lot of americans who seem to be obsessed by work...strange people lol

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 04:13:05 pm »
Hello DM I've had little to do with Ham Shanks other than some that worked for Kentona Drilling They drilled a row of holes along the Lincolnshire Wolds searching for oil in the 70's I think the Drill pusher was genuinely crackers ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 04:46:55 pm »
They are a special breed for sure  ;D

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 09:50:12 pm »
word of caution regarding facebook, even with up to date virus protection with avg eldest daughter opened a friend  request only to get a very nasty virus attack that destroyed said laptop memory, speaking to our IT man its one of the worst sites for it, anyone else had problems?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 10:56:09 pm »
You have to be aware that links posted on FB can be from evil sources, so even if it appears to be from a friend it may not be in reality.  Better safe than sorry and don't click before checking with the friend first.  I don't see it as a big problem, no more than any other networking site.  You can usually tell by the name of the file anyway and a little common sense goes a long way.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 08:28:39 am »
Hello Annie love and GC I am totally a complete lowest of the low when it comes to compootermebobs The thing I cannot understand is these people must have a great command of the workings of them Why don't they write a program to sell and make a few bob It's beyond me it really is.Fortunately this one only has rubbish on it and if some one attacks it Richard just gets his board rubber and wipes every thing off Out of memory every thing and we start again it only takes minutes there is no secret bank files or documents nothing No games other than those that come with XP I am not interested in the slightest.I come on TAS hopefully not upsetting to many and play and switch off and go play in the garden or elsewhere  come back and switch on answer what needs answering and maybe add some thing and have a chortle and switch off until I feel like a play again.Simple as the meerkat says :D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS