Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bed time tantrum.  (Read 1143 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Bed time tantrum.
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:17:36 pm »
My boys are normally so good at going to bed, its a set pattern of me getting their food and the food for the chooks. Then all the animals follow me down to the boys house. The chooks wait outside the stable door whilst I put their food and hay down, then I shut the bottom door, give them their treat, we all say goodnight and I shut the door. Then I walk the chooks over to their house, feed them and lock them in. Last night though, Billy was a bit reticent to go in to the house, I had to stand there for ages and wait for him to go in. Tonight, despite several attempts with biscuits, he will NOT go in. Ive left the house all open, and the barn is open so they should both be fine. Its not the first time they've done this but for months they've been so good and now this. I think its because their house got a bit damp with the huge storm we had 2 days ago. Im going to have to get in there and give it a good bottoming. Trouble is we have a load more rain forecast for tomorrow. Oh joy!!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Bed time tantrum.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »
I bet a noise upset him in there with the storm, that's probably why he is scared of going in......I was playing with our back window in the new car and now my Yellow lab gets a bit frightened getting in, she also does similar with her favourite basket as I often drop the phone or channel changer in by accident and that worries her!! Hope you are feeling better, looking after everyone else is hard if you need looking after yourself! :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS