Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone need a sock lamb East Sussex  (Read 4966 times)

old bird

• Joined Feb 2008
Anyone need a sock lamb East Sussex
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:12:46 pm »
Just lost my lovely southdown ewe. First time I've lost a ewe. She had ringwomb and no contractions - rang the vet without delay and vet delivered a healthy ram lamb. Assured me nothing else inside and left - but there was. The twin died inside and I had the vet back who spent a painful 6 attempts to get the dead lamb out. Poor ewe never recovered from the trauma - had the vet back again today but all too late.

So I'm left with a little chap 24 hours old, the only good news is she fed him, bless her, so he has had plenty of colostrum.

I work full time so a sock lamb is out of the question. I'llt ry and foster him onto another but if anyone needs one let me know.
 :-[

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: Anyone need a sock lamb East Sussex
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:37:10 pm »
Oh that's horrible for you  :'( :'(
I would take him and rear him for you but unless someone is travelling this way  I'm too far away in Somerset, sorry x
Good luck with him :-*
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

thenovice

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:29:43 pm »
So sorry to hear your news. This will be my first year of lambing (southdowns), and they arnt due until the first week in april. I live near the kent/sussex border. Is he a southdown? Must admit, never raised a sock lamb before, but def interested. Thanks  :thumbsup:

amanda gower

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 12:41:07 pm »
hi have you found him a home, im looking for sock lamb for my daughter we are arable farmers in kent

let me know
amanda

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »
Hey peeps, this little lamb was from last years lambing I reckon a home has been found somewhere by now  ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:55:38 pm by colliewoman »
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

mmu

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 01:43:52 pm »
So sorry for you, wish I was near enough to help. What a shame to lose such a lovely ewe as well.
We keep Ryelands, Southdowns, Oxford Downs, Herdwicks, Soay, Lleyn, an Exmoor pony and Shetland geese.  Find us on Twitter as @RareBreedsScot

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 01:51:43 pm »
How very sad and traumatic for you and to lose the ewe and 2nd lamb just horrible - so sorry to hear this.  :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS