Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cast off but..  (Read 5345 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Cast off but..
« on: April 12, 2011, 03:14:11 pm »
Cast is off my ankle today and I was so excited about getting my life back.. But it's not healed as well as expected so only just got away without having another one on. I've a very solid support boot and I can put 20% weight on it but its painful and I'm so disappointed..
Still on tbe positive side I'm out of the wheelchair and I can hobble about.. I can drive an automatic if I can find one to hire too so could be worse.. Just hoped for better.. :-\

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Cast off but..
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »
Sorry to hear that Helen.  Things seem to take longer to heal as we get older - not saying you are :-[  Just an observation that I have noticed with my own advancing years.  I'm sure  it'll start to improve now the weather's improved. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 03:19:36 pm »
I use comfrey cream/gel on any breaks I have (and I have had one or two !! ), it always helps speed things along , and never has any side effects , with me anyway !! Maybe worth trying , check with your doctor first though maybe ?

cheers

Russ

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:13:33 pm »
You could try Enterprise for car hire, I've used them a few times and found them really good, they'll get an automatic for you from another branch if they've not got one already.
Email me a piccy of yourself and I'll send some distance Reiki to help the healing. I need the photo to visualise  ;)
(Sandy if you read this, I've not forgotten about you  ;) but think I'll 'do you' as it were  :-\ in the flesh on Wednesday night  ;D)
Hope you feel a bit better soon Helen, just TAKE IT EASY FOR THE MOMENT !
Big hugs  :-*

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 04:57:48 pm »
Thanks all. Annie nearly 43 so at that interesting age for women I think that's not helping.
Russ will try that got some calcium supplements too.
Karen that's really nice of you will email one to you
thanks TAS friends x  :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 05:11:23 pm »
You could try Enterprise for car hire, I've used them a few times and found them really good, they'll get an automatic for you from another branch if they've not got one already.
Email me a piccy of yourself and I'll send some distance Reiki to help the healing. I need the photo to visualise  ;)
(Sandy if you read this, I've not forgotten about you  ;) but think I'll 'do you' as it were  :-\ in the flesh on Wednesday night  ;D)
Hope you feel a bit better soon Helen, just TAKE IT EASY FOR THE MOMENT !
Big hugs  :-*
Karen - can you fix my RSI with reiki?  If so, you'll have two clients on Wednesday!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:27:06 pm »
I'll certainly try Annie  ;D

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
i reckon karens reiki has helped us, she is a star  :bouquet:

Keeping everything crossed for you HELENCUS,  that things sort themselves out  :hshoe: :wave:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 08:18:38 pm »
Helen, take one day at a time... before you know it, it'll be good as new.
take good care of yourself  :wave:
Little Blue

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:56 am »
I've never had much patience that's the trouble. Still I've no choice I can't do anything about it just gotta get on with it and stop moaning  ;D

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 09:56:12 am »
Glad to hear you're up and about, just take it steady, you sound like me. I have to be really poorly sick & dying!!! not go out to the animals and i get so frustrated especially when the old sciatica is giving me grief and i can't do all the stuff i want to do. Take care.
bestest Mandy  :pig:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 09:59:43 am »
Helen just remember IT WILL GET BETTER.   :D :D :D :D

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 06:05:42 pm »
Thanks Mandy and HM. I know it will amd I know I need to take it a day at a time but it's taking sooooo long!

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »
Hey Helen
Great news the cast is off  :) :) Just to confirm previous comments - it WILL get better, but it does take time!! Your ankle has not had to deal with weight bearing for a while now so it is going to take a while to get the tissues back up to speed.
I do hope you are getting physiotherapy/some sort of manual therapy to help the healing - it really does make a difference. Your ankle has done a great job so far along the meding road and you just need to let it continue along the right track.
Don't despair! But don't overdo it  ;)

BTW I'm an osteopath so of course I'm going to suggest manual therapy  ;D ;D
Tish

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:19:15 pm »
Thanks Tish no physio yet. Frankly the site of the break is still very very painful. I've been told to just flex my foot a bit whilst my support boot is off and gently work the ankle up and down no side movement possible yet without too much pain. Tbh I probably should have gone back into plaster but I just couldn't face it. Actually made me feel very claustrophobic.
I go back in 4 weeks so they may recommend physio then.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS