Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pancake day  (Read 4226 times)

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
Pancake day
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:39:40 pm »
Have made some american pancakes for the kids - they love it with golden syrup. I prefer mine with ice-cream and chocolate sauce, but didn't have any myself . Anyone made pancakes?

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: Pancake day
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:42:56 pm »
I've got the mixture all ready for later.   My boys prefer traditional pancakes with lemon and sugar.  Although the thought of golden syrup would appeal to the eldest one who has a very sweet tooth.

Hubby prefers strawberry jam on his.

:)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:50:09 pm »
OOOOOO pancakes, I just love pancakes but unforunately my body is a temple and I just cant eat all those calories  :(

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53:29 pm »
I could only wish for a body that is a temple....Mine's more like a bouncy castle!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 02:57:39 pm »
I could only wish for a body that is a temple....Mine's more like a bouncy castle!!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

To be really honest mines more like the Taj Mahal...............Im lucky I can eat whatever I like

(I just get fatter) but hey Im happy  ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:08:00 pm »
I will make some I think.  Only like them with sugar and lemon, no chocolate sauce or anything.  I can eat a lot once I start, and the dogs will want to help eat some.  Thankfully, I am one of the lucky ones, and seem to be stay petite no matter how many I eat (well thats been the case so far, but you never know!)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 04:02:08 pm »
The future mrs SB is a bridesmaid at a wedding this weekend, so we've had to postpone pancake day until NEXT week (just like valentines day was also pushed out a fortnight)

Anyway, we both love our pancakes!!!

the future Mrs SB is very much a sugar and lemon gal!! However, i like mine with banana & Nutella. though strawberries/kiwi/pineapple with chocolate is also nice. Pear is also VERY nice!!!

I like ice cream in my pancakes too!!

as we are combining it with Valentines this year, we'll probably have a joint pancake/fruit fest along with a chocolate fondue/fruit fest.

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 04:25:36 pm »
Aw man, that sounds yum! I like fruit and chocolate combos, and a chocolate fondue argh! That's just cruelty, that is, posting that  >:(

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 04:29:35 pm »
Cruelty is having to make them for kids and hubby and not being able to have any myself as under doctors orders to lose weight... Darn..  :-[

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 05:06:51 pm »
Shrove tuesday is where you eat up before the fasting begins!  ;D ;D

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 06:33:59 pm »
Made vanilla American pancakes with fresh blueberry sauce and cream for pud.  ;D

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 08:11:32 pm »
I'm banned from pancake making  :(
The last time i made them we were picking bits off the roof for weeks  ;D
and the ones i managed to keep in the pan,i burned them   :(

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 08:20:31 pm »
had a great time with the kids tonight tossing the pancakes, first time we had all done it together, only one went on the floor and that was eagerly scoffed by the waiting dog! sugar and lemon for me but chocolate sauce for the kids.......
juliag

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 08:25:06 pm »
my daughter brought some in yesterday - we had them with brambles!  There were a couple left and no brambles (grandkids scoffed them, greedy little pigs ;) ;D ;D ;D)  so I had them today with lovely blossom honey.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 09:15:27 pm »

Getting a new kitchen in just now so only have a microwave. (recipe for microwave pancakes anyone)?
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS