Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Weather warning  (Read 5132 times)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Weather warning
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 06:30:15 pm »
the weather has been down graded for us nothing more than 30mph winds.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 10:37:22 pm »
I thought it was windy today - then on the North West weather tonight, it said there would be up to 70mph winds tomorrow, worse than today .......

For the last few days its been really windy, but very strange as it was so warm with it - not the usual British weather.  Today, we went riding, and it was really windy, but quite cool.  Up on the moors the wind was whistling through the grass and I thought  I would be blown off the pony.  Thank goodness I did not have a riding hat cover - I have had a few blow away with the high winds!!

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 12:51:58 am »
the weather has been down graded for us nothing more than 30mph winds.

Same for us. I have to admit to a certain amount of relief, there's only so much wind our polytunnel can withstand ;) and we did have 69mph a couple of weeks back but it seemed to have missed the news  :D

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 05:55:48 am »
still forecasting 70mph for us later today, been out and moved the ponies to the field with high hedges for shelter, moved all the buckets etc that where sitting around. off to work today so will just have to hope its all ok!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

Ionahenatlast

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 07:21:39 pm »
Just got the power back on after about 5 hours without, at least i was prepared and had a couple of flasks of hot water so still managed to get a brew  ;D I think thats the worst of it past us now and without any real damage,

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 07:26:51 pm »
Well it was very mild here overnight and today. Didn't get as high as 20kn. Will see what tonight brings.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS