Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Muddy Carrot  (Read 3340 times)

princesspiggy

Muddy Carrot
« on: April 24, 2012, 05:51:41 pm »
Muddy Carrot has gone live on-line now. i think its good, it might interest any home producers.
www.muddycarrot.com

(dan - i hope its ok to post here?  :-[ ::) ;))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:56:03 pm by princesspiggy »

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: Muddy Carrot
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »
Yes, not a problem. Please only post with discussion of the service provided though.  :)

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »
Had a look at it Princesspiggy- bit empty at the moment and I'm not sure what it's for exactly?

deepinthewoods

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »
i found it a bit vague too, it doesnt seem to have a 'mission statement' or anything similar. however i do think its a very good idea, it does make sense to have a place that joins up small producers. i did think the pricing strategy a bit strange, the one off membership fee of £50 for a standard seller i thought expensive, as there is also a monthly fee. you would have to sell a hell of a lot of muddy carrots to make that outlay back, im sure for producers who are making 'things' it would be fine but for a small market garden thats quite alot.

princesspiggy

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:44:56 pm »
Had a look at it Princesspiggy- bit empty at the moment and I'm not sure what it's for exactly?

i think its a marketing site for local/sustainable/british produced things.a nice idea if it grows enough.
they seem enthusiatic which is good.
 ;D :wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 07:38:23 am »
I like the name, the concept and the layout! I can't really afford to advertise my products on there currently due to the joining fee which is about 25 bars worth of soap  ;D then 2 bars of soap per month on top but I wish them well and will keep an eye on how its going and maybe reconsider when I'm a little more flush (ie. when the fencing has been paid for!)
I can see Deep in the Woods point  that if you are making something that sells for a good price/profit its a good place to sell from  :farmer: 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 07:51:28 am »
Yes expensive.
I think this type of business will be a growth area - sustainability, responsible and environmental will be buzz words soon and some people will think that there is a "market" to pick up on. My daughter done her desertion on Muddy carrots ( waste and crop out sorting- throwing edible food because it doesn't look good). She too is now looking for an opportunity to make a living in the field - maybe focusing on the public conscience and concern not to waste food or food produced responsibly.
Could be a good thing for smallgrowers looking to expand a little but I think we will see more Muddy Carrots.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

princesspiggy

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:18:25 am »
we took them up on the free 3 months membership and no joining fee for RBST members. nothing to lose.... :D ;)

Lady Serendip

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 10:56:23 am »
In case anyone is interested, I've noticed Muddy Carrot are waiving their setup fee throughout May as a special intro offer, so a good time to join :thumbsup: And I think all events listings are free anyway!
See some gorgeous things there already- Rasberry chocolate Jam?!  :yum:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS