Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: swine flu vaccine ?????  (Read 27819 times)

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
Re: swine flu vaccine ?????
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 10:28:02 pm »

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 11:34:46 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :pig: ;D ;D ;D ;D

will it work on pigs ???

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 07:41:02 am »
Russ is on a mission ! At least it keeps him off bothering me about the EU...

Kevin

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 07:53:27 am »
Russ, I was born and eduketed  :D   in Southall. As a family we moved out ( Ascot gardens ) in 1973.

Kevin

rustyme

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 10:39:23 am »
hello Kev,
           lol...small world eh ? .. I worked for my dad from 73-75 , he had a building maintainace firm . He had loads of council work to do and I mainly worked on , I think it was Dormers Wells Secondary school ?, does that sound familiar?  I also did some work on a couple of disabled day centres , can't remember the names of those though . I remember one time I had to replace 200+ panes of glass . The sods went round behind me pushing the new ones out !!! Ended up replacing 350 + in the end !!! The good ole days ...MMMmmm?????

cheers

Russ

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 01:15:13 pm »
Hi Russ,

Dormers wells school was a 5 minute walk, but I went to lady margaret.

One of the day centres would probably have been  jubilee gardens, right next to the park, also just a 2 minute drive from Dormers wells.

They flattened the day centre a few years back. Apparently some shoddy work on the windows caused it to fall apart.......

Small world , yep.

Kevin

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 01:21:38 pm »
Swine flu!.
What's that  - OH - you mean H1N1.
Why are we still calling it Swine Flu when it has F**k ALL to do with pigs.
Sorry to be so blunt but it really annoys me that it is still called Swine Flu.
Kindest regards to all
Joe  :)

rustyme

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52:36 pm »
lol... very small world ... I think I worked on Lady Margaret school too...really sounds familiar ... I think one day centres was next to a park and it was very close to Dormers wells , as I remember walking between the two when we were working on them . Oh and I was painting and fitting new doors in the day centre not the windows...lol
    Joe, chillout man .....lol..... things can get me like that too sometimes...the EU being just one eh Kev ?...However H1N1 being called Swine flu , isn't one of them . I called it swine flu as that was what it was called from the start ( well it started out as pig flu ) and was only changed to A H1N1 a few weeks into the crisis.  I also still call Snickers bars Marathon bars , because that is what they were called first ......

cheers

Russ

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 03:54:29 pm »
Russ, thats it. Jubilee gardens was in a cul de sac, 30's single story red brick library on the left, day centre just after it and then the park.

Kevin

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 03:55:09 pm »
I wondered what happened to Marathons!!.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D
It only gets to me because I have to explane to Amadan's and oinsearch's every Day that it has nothing to do with Pigs at all and by right it should be called Mexican Flu!.
I was not blaming you in any shape or form for the W.H.O calling it swine flu.
But someone has to defend the humble Hog and today thats ME.  ;)  ;)
Kind regards to all.
Joe  :)

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2009, 03:55:46 pm »
Well Joe , we are probably calling it swine flu as the rest of the planet is..

Kevin

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 04:02:08 pm »
Hi Kevin,

I understand that but I will still continue to refer to it as H1N1 after all that is what it is !.
Also we were having dinner with a French friend of ours about 1 week ago after he came back from France and he told us that in France they are calling it H1N1 or Influenza A and no one he was talking too referred to it as Swine Flu at all.
All the best
Joe

rustyme

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2009, 04:15:29 pm »
I am not sure now ( the memory has gone a bit these days ) , but I think in one of the day centres there was a little lady working there, who's son was in Z cars . I think he played Taff Jones or something , yes he was Welsh . She was nice, he seemed a miserable sod ....The description you give does sound very familiar Kev !!! I remember taking my sarnies and eating them in the park , and I think we all ( there were 3 of us working at the centre ) had fish and chips at dinner time , also in the park , well I had saveloy and chips....always do.... One morning , I think it was Ray , got his his screwdriver nicked at Dormers...we had to go back in the afternoon to put all the doors back on .. they had taken every single door off it's hinges in the dinner hour ...  ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

rustyme

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2009, 04:46:07 pm »
no probs Joe .....I will no doubt keep on calling it swine flu though , as it is in my head as that now, NOT to wind you up !!, just  my simple brain can't cope with too much info and certainly not with name changes ....That would use up far to many of the little grey cells  !!!! ::) ;D

Oh did you see Wimbledon this year ? .. they were doing the H1N1 wave .... ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 05:22:55 pm »
Joe, well thats true here in Belgium, its known as H1NI...but then we do not have the ' daily mail ' !
Kevin

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS