Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: yet another expectant mum  (Read 18886 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
yet another expectant mum
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:43:48 pm »
just to let you all know, that the Mr an Mrs Fluffywelshsheep will be expecting a new addiction in sept :)
I am 10wks and going to get my first appointment tomorrow :)
We are really excited here as this with me my 1st and hubbies 5th child
Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: yet another expectant mum
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:05 pm »
Wondered when you'd put the news out.  Great news, just look after yourself. xx
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Paul Sill

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:53:31 pm »
Its nice to see it on the 1st scan!! My wife and I are expecting our first in august ;D

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:54:11 pm »
best of luck linz, hope the calving goes well ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:54:47 pm »
Hi Linz,
CONGRATULATIONS  ;D  ;D  ;D
September dfinately produces the best babies - being born then myself I'd know for sure  ::)
I'm 32 weeks gone now, seems to drag til you get to 6 months, then - BANG it's here before you know it !
Get your feet up, take it easy and feel free to moan about any aches and pains - I'm only too happy to sympathise !
Karen

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:57:29 pm »
The only prob is am quite independent normally but know i have to stop and wait for hubby to do things for me.  ::)

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:58:40 pm »
congratulations Linz + hubby....take care  NO lifting !!! thats hubbies job from now on ....

cheers

Russ

ps: Happyhippy .....I thought the BANG was at the beginning ?????? Must be where I have been going wrong all these years .... :o ::) ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:01:30 pm »
hehe am ok apart from the 2 bouts of stomach bugs i have had !!!! one just after christmas and the other one now!
I have also discovered  i can't at crisps lol

hubby is a Sept baby and am a Nov baby so bump will be forgiven

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 05:05:11 pm »
One good thing, i don't do many household jobs now as i just don't have the energy and i get to sit on the sofa with my feet up lots lol

Hubby has sorted out the raised beds now (today) just waiting for him to go to the nursery to get some of the free soil (the one in menstrie) so i can sieve and fill the beds up (he dug them over too !!!!)

Linz

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 05:20:55 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  No balloon smileys here, please imagine them, am so very pleased for you.  Cant wait for the photos in September. 

HappyHippy

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 06:56:31 pm »

I have also discovered  i can't at crisps lol

Why no crisps ? Please don't tell me that their not 'allowed' ?
Have to confess that third time round I'm a bit more relaxed about what I can/can't eat (maybe it's cos I've been craving brie, brie and lots more brie !!! although I've only succumed to the temptation once or twice - HONEST!)
Also have to admit to carrying TV's about, changing tyres on the cars and last time round I was wallpapering the kitchen while a week overdue !

One tip Linz,
Everybody and their aunt will give you advice about pregnancy and it only gets worse when the little one arrives - you've got to find & do what's best/right for you and the baby - you're the ones that matter !
ps: Happyhippy .....I thought the BANG was at the beginning ?????? Must be where I have been going wrong all these years .... :o ::) ;D
LOL!  ;D Russ, maybe WHOOSH would've been a better word - the time just dissapears. Not that the bang's not important too  ;)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:13:34 pm »
no crisp are allowed just my stomach doesn't like em, lol
the doctor implied that i could eat all eggs as all of them are lion quality including raw ones !!!! but personally i have only been eatting heavy cooked ones also told me that i couldn't eat sandwitch meats which i had never heared off before but it might be down to the pork scary scotland had.

With the world and its auntie saying what to do, not many people know about bump as i have had problems in the past so keep it quiet until about 2 wks ago when i told annie and sandy (as they want me to help dig stuff for gardening) at the tas meeting.

because of the problems i have been taking it easy with lifting things also easily strain my stomach being extra carefull about things too.

On a wee different note i think i have a problem with my water (house pipes not body works, lol) So am gona have to boil tons of water up and put it in the fridge as all i can drink is water, might even go out and buy some bottled water just in case.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 08:56:28 pm »
Just let Tam do all the heavy stuff - that's what men are for - isn't it??????  I was going to say that's all men are good for but I wouldn't dare ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Oops, I have said it!  ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:50 pm »
We had a private water supply 1st time I was pregnant and as there were sheep in the field where the well was we took the precaution of having it tested - think it was SEPA that did it, there were some issues (which they guy said wouldn't have mattered in the past, but with 'current legislation' could cause problems  ???)
We got a UV filter fitted to cold water supply (think it cost around £100) that zapped any nasties - but you'd have to factor cost of bottled + hassle of boiling & storing against it to see what would work best.
I understand about taking it easy - and you should do it, I'm just in the habbit of having to do all these things and can't stop or they'll not get done (while hubby is 'recovering' from his bad back  ::))
Eggs, as long as they're pasturised, are fine cooked or raw - personally I couldn't eat them undercooked while preggers anyway  :P
Sandwich meats is a new one on me though - I'll have to ask the midwife why next time I see her  ???

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 11:05:59 pm »
How do you pasteurise an egg without cooking it? ???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS