Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: resolutions  (Read 6277 times)

princesspiggy

resolutions
« on: December 22, 2010, 07:02:07 pm »
not necessarily next year but one day...

im gona learn how to make candles   :D :D

what else do u guys think u'l do ,..... one day

robert waddell

Re: resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:14:16 pm »
we have candle wax and the kit. Are you interested in purchasing it?

gstar9

• Joined Jan 2010
  • east sussex
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:11 pm »
learn the guitar, this has been my new years resolution for several years, even got as far as getting a guitar, book and a cd. Maybe 2011 is THE year  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »
I thought about doing this too - was going to make Christmas presents - somehow I never got 'a round tuit'  Have a wee bit of wax, and some colours, but just haven't .  Hmm, was going to say time, but I know that's rubbish, I spend too much time on here 'speaking' to all you lovely people!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:20 pm »
to sort my life out,

to hopefully find some land to rent near me,

at a minimum to expand the garden poultry flock!!!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:59 pm »
probably in another life I'm going to learn how to play the piano and speak French and Spanish and Italian. My kids are way ahead of me! :&>

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 07:53:38 am »
My resolution is the same as every year. I WILL be more organised!! Another, and this I do stick to is to enjoy life to the full.

princesspiggy

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 09:51:16 am »
i would love to make soaps aswell, how cool would that be? mite have the odd gsd hair stuck in middle tho   lol   ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 09:57:16 am »

could swop for a marsh daisy hen?   ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 10:27:57 am »
dont have marsh daisy hens

princesspiggy

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 11:36:59 am »
u cud have if we swopped  lol    :D :D  how much u wanting 4 ur candle set?

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 12:26:59 pm »
mite have the odd gsd hair stuck in middle tho   lol   ;D

isn't it amazing the places they get!
cant believe one dog has that much hair!  or "puppy fluff" we call it
Little Blue

HappyHippy

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 01:36:26 pm »
My resolution this year is not to make any more resolutions !  ;D ;D ;D
im gona learn how to make candles   :D :D
I've done this - it's SOOOOO easy. I kept glass baby food jars, engraved them with Xmassy symbols and words and filled them with a melt and pour wax for containers (after colouring it green and red and adding lots of xmas type fragrances) They were great pressies last year for folks. Now that my wee one is starting on solids there will be lots more for next year too  ;) You'll need a jam thermometer and either a bain marie or a big metal bowl for inside your pan of boiling water. Have a look on ebay for lots of waxes, colours and fragrances (or do a deal with Lillian  ;)) start easy with the pre-mixed ones and build up to moulding and more complicated stuff (which is what I'll do if I ever get the time ::))
learn the guitar, this has been my new years resolution for several years, even got as far as getting a guitar, book and a cd. Maybe 2011 is THE year  ;D
Oh enjoy it ! Being able to play a tune is great for parties, camping, busking ;) ;D ;D ;D
I swapped my vintage Yamaha this year  :( It was bought for me by my dad over 15 years ago (was made in the 70's) it was my favourite guitar and swapping it was NOT an easy thing to do. I hardly played it, but was very sentimental about it. However ! It was swapped for an 8x6 trailer that needs a bit of work - I think (hope) I'll get more use from that - and my dad's of the same opinion so all's well ;) ;D
to sort my life out,
I've given up on that ;) It's good to have a plan, but just roll with the punches, that way you don't get stressed/upset when fate plays it's hand  ;) :-*

Have a VERY happy New Year Everyone  :wave: :wave: ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 03:13:32 pm »
so where do u get candles sets, was watching Kirsties Homemade Home (or woteva its called) and hers looked great, in silicone moulds what turned inside out. where do u buy candle wax, not many shops like that round here!! she did use silicone cupcake cases for tealights so weve got those!!

all my kids have guitars for xmas, so will noisy household that day!
cant be worse than the violin tho   lol  :D :-\ ;)

HappyHippy

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 03:39:24 pm »
ebay, ebay, ebay !  ;) ;D ;D
Start off getting a couple of books from your local library (they can order them in if they've not got any) that'll give you an idea of the kit you need and basic techniques - then get ready for hours of looking on ebay  ;D There are pre-made basic kits to give you an idea of how to make them for around £20, but you'll want to expand on that.
There's a shop on ebay called Endless Green, I've used them for stuff and they're good. Give me a shout if you get stuck finding anything  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS