Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Henry's playing up..the weather?  (Read 2044 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Henry's playing up..the weather?
« on: December 20, 2012, 11:13:13 am »
I dont know if I can blame the wind, the clouds, the rain, or whether the others have told him that Santa will be visiting next week, but Henry is being a little sh1t at the moment. All that bad behaviour we had when he still had his bits has returned, at least during the day. He runs round the house at 90 miles an hour, we havent dared put a tree up this year, knocking things over, attacking poor little Tabitha and generally being a naughty boy. Has anyone else got a moggy playing up at the moment? I do believe that it is the weather, so I cant wait for it to get cold a d frosty again.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Henry's playing up..the weather?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:52:56 pm »
It's freezing , wet and windy out at the moment here, but our Frodo is still too young to go out at 7 months ( I'll wait until he is approx a year old and neutered ).I don't know if the weather really makes much difference.
I do know, however, that  Frodo the hooligan kitten is heading towards an asbo  with his attacks on the dogs and racing around steeling anything remotely small enough to choke him  :rant:  :rant:
I just keep telling myself he'll grow out of it  ::) and telling OH it's his fault for wanting a male this time  :innocent: but if he carries on like this when he does go, out there will be no other living creature for quite a distance, he tackles anything!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 04:34:45 pm »
I don't know what weather it is you've got there at the mo, NormandyMary, but I had a cat behaved mostly oddly when there was snow in the offing.  Turned out to be that I was dishing out electric shocks, and so were the carpets sometimes, when there was a lot of static in the air.  I found that I had to not wear any static-y clothing (anything with nylon in, for a start), and sometimes I had to dampen the carpets with a plant mister spray! 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 09:12:55 am »
Our Mog is being a real tinker. She doesn't want to go out in the day or is out for just a few minutes and then back home and back in her bed . Too wet/cold outside and she's not burning off any energy. As a consequence she is following everyone around, jumping on everything, hiding, running up and down stairs and generally making a pest of herself  ::) ;D  and she is a middle-aged lady who should know better.

Maybe it's the same for little Henry - least his a baby and has an excuse.

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:37:07 pm »
My 5 year old is being a pain, I'm putting it down to the weather, she doesn't like not being able to get out as much.

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Tiva Diva

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Scottish Borders
    • Thornielee Cottage
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:18:43 am »
Ours have been the same when it's been too wet for them to want to go out. I made a play fort/tower for them out of cardboard boxes with holes cut in the walls which they worked some of their excess energy off on. Feliway spray can help calm them down too, but it's not cheap! Fingers crossed for better weather  :fc:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 08:30:38 am »
It must be catching, my two had a full scale, spitting, claws out, fight yesterday   ::)

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 09:10:30 am »
Hi

Our 2 seem to have mad sessions chasing up and down the landing and play fighting on a regular basis (7 mnths old), they were very naughty on xmas eve chasing over the furniture and going mad for about an hour, i put it down to picking up on our stress, we are still in training though they havent yet taught us what there different forms of communication mean, we have been taught a stroke from head to tail is good but under the cheek/ear is better and food time is best every 4 hours and to be prompt or they will be naughty etc (soo funny).

K

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS