Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello from the hebrides  (Read 9718 times)

hebber

• Joined Mar 2008
Re: hello from the hebrides
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 02:07:22 pm »
Hi Pebbles,
At least we don't get heavy frost here.  It rarely goes below -1 here.

tankgirl

• Joined Mar 2008
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 10:13:21 pm »
hello hebber what sort of chooks do you have and what do you usually grow veg and fruit wise?
like the sound of the cattle grid being put to a new use hope it does the trick
 :chook:

hebber

• Joined Mar 2008
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 03:08:35 pm »
Hello,
I got most of my chickens from other people, and one I managed to hatch in an incubator I borrowed.  I've got one wyandotte, 2 silkies, 1 scots dumpy.  I want to change over to light sussex, but I'm looking around at what I can get from other people in the area first.  So far I've managed to grow, broad beans, jerusalem artichokes, broccoli, kale and sprouts, carrots and beetroot, and a few potatoes.  I've put in an apple tree but it's struggling.  I got it on mail order - I think it would have been better getting it from a local nursery.  My gooseberries and redcurrants are doing well though.  I've also put in worcesterberries that are doing well, but are yet to fruit.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 09:34:12 pm »
You can always try you local freecycle groups I belive their to be areas coverage in most the isle of scotland :)
If you can't get it on there then i bet someone will be able to help you out.
Linz

www.freecycle.org

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS