Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poorly chook  (Read 1505 times)

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Poorly chook
« on: September 20, 2015, 03:50:10 pm »
One of our leg rocks (I think she's a leg rock anyway) is not well - she was fine up til a couple of days ago, but has become lethargic and out-of-sorts. Her comb has gone a bluey colour - I suspect circulation probs  :'(  I've put her in a nice clean, dry coop with water, bits of apple and some layers pellets but don't really expect her to last the day  :'(

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Re: Poorly chook
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 04:34:50 pm »
Bye bye chook  :'(  It's amazing how quickly they go from being chirpy to being dead.

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »
 :hug:
Poor you....
It's just such a miserable thing to happen. Sounds like you spotted it soon and acted promptly. My experiences are telling me that each chook has its time to go.....if she's not ready she'll rally, and if she is, then nothing you can do will change her mind!

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:35:44 am »
Comb going blue generally means a heart problem. Usually you only get a day or two's warning at most..

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 03:29:52 pm »
So sorry, its never easy loosing one, they are so sweet and lovable  :chook:  :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS