Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Peter Crichton Sale nr Bury ST Edmunds  (Read 2319 times)

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
Peter Crichton Sale nr Bury ST Edmunds
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:04:30 pm »
Just got back from viewing what is on sale tomorrow.  The arks have a bit of life left in them,  some are really quite good.  Some insulated farrowing arks that looked fine.  The troughs, water and wallowing, looked in good condition.   Full catalogue on the web. 
A wellie boot job....The field is a bit muddy, we had quite a downpour here yesterday. 2 wheel drive cars seemed to cope ok.

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
Re: Peter Crichton Sale nr Bury ST Edmunds
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 05:16:33 pm »
Thank you for this!

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 06:26:40 pm »
Picked up 3 insulated farrowing arks for £55 plus VAT and fenders for £12.   A little bit of repair work needs doing but not much, so happy with that.

A few buyers had come along way. Someone from Devon and another from Winchester.  They were buying up stack loads and sending over arctic lorries for pick up.   It seems that a lot of people are downsizing this side of the country, maybe to do wheat????  Yields worldwide are down so I guess the prices are going to rocket. 
The recently harvested fields are being ploughed in at a mad rate at the mo.   Wonder what's going on.....

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 12:02:46 pm »
Wheat prices are good livestock prices aren't that great, so it's easier to load wheat with a JCB than sending it out in livestock so as prices in arable rise livestock will decrease.

Drilling has to be done when dry so ploughing like mad as they don't know how long the land will be dry the way this year is going!

Mrs Snoodles

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »
Apparently there will be alot more lower grade  feed wheat this year. What do you reckon to a lowering of feed prices then  :roflanim:
 I have bulk feed to last until Dec and I am dreading making the next round of cost enquiries....

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:14 pm »
the more money that goes out the door the bigger briefcase the VAT & TAX man turns up with  :raining:

take the speculators out (your pension company) and I'm sure the price would be level  :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS