Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Alternatives to Heptavac  (Read 2390 times)

Advertisement

Boerandgoldengoats

• Joined Apr 2021
Alternatives to Heptavac
« on: June 01, 2023, 09:21:21 pm »
I’m getting increasingly confused/anxious about vaccinating my goats.

I started out using lambivac but after one of my older goats died suddenly my vet advised me to use Heptavac p which I have for the last few years and giving the goats this every 6 months. They were last vaccinated in September and I cannot find Heptavac anywhere, my vet has recommended ovivac p and I just wondered if anybody else has used this ?

I know a few goat keepers who don’t vaccinate and think I’m mad for vaccinating, I hate to cause the goats any stress as they are my pets and just wanted peoples opinions on vaccinations and whether I’d be better to give them
Lambivac or the ovivac I believe lambivac doesn’t protect against Pasteurella any advice is much appreciated!

suzi

• Joined Jul 2022
Re: Alternatives to Heptavac
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 07:16:03 pm »
im getting mine vaccinated (the proper goat one evidently) rather than the heptavac plus next week. pm me wednesday and ill let you know what the vet used :)

suzi

• Joined Jul 2022
Re: Alternatives to Heptavac
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 05:34:58 am »
You can still buy heptavac. I
Bought 3 50ml bottles last week.

It’s not easy to find. It took over 3 hours of going from website to website to get it.
If you are local to me (Hastings) I will have 38ml left in 2 bottle this week. Same again In 5 weeks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS