Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholding - the swings and roundabouts!  (Read 9017 times)

Black Raven

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Nr Windermere.
Re: Smallholding - the swings and roundabouts!
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »
Sadly for me he snores just as bad on his side.  ::)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 09:36:09 pm »
That's the same with me I can snore hanging upside down hanging like a bat and the best of it is I sometimes wake myself up with the noise   :) :) :)  Hiring out for mud wrestling MMMM I wonder. Never give up your dream what else would I do when not snoring cheers.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 02:13:52 am »
My OH snores on his side because he sleeps with his head tilted right back.  It looks so uncomfortable.  I find the edge of a fingernail pressed against the back of his head does the trick.

Black Raven

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Nr Windermere.
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 10:09:27 am »
My OH snores on his side because he sleeps with his head tilted right back.  It looks so uncomfortable.  I find the edge of a fingernail pressed against the back of his head does the trick.

Ha ha that made me laugh ;D I often give Dave a dig in the side with my elbow or push him. Last night the WHippet crept into our bed, but she doesn't snore - phew!
Hey it's not raining today ! So this morning I had a couple of mins to just stand and watch the hens as I let them out of their run into the field. I can see up the fells and the river Kent runs past and it all looked so beautiful, made me think maybe we aren't so crazy after all, plus my migraine seems to of gone. Much love if anyone is having a crap day  :-*

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 11:43:46 am »
Hang on in there everyone - remember the mud free days of the summer and the Hughes of "living the dream".

We too both worked for the NHS before retiring to France.
Snoring - I worked in Sleep Medicine for nearly 28 years and was one of the first UK people to work with "snorers" in the 1980s ( so I sympathise for all you spouses of snorers) - fortunately, in recent years, I got my juniors to do the night work and have not heard a snorer for years. Nowdays it's just the cockerel and the grunts of the pigs who all live in the barn that is adjacent to our house. Our bedroom has 3 small windows that look down into the barn and the OH wants to set up a camera with infra red lamps to look at the owls and Lerots ( edible doormouse). This project smacks of the technology I used to observe "snorers" at night so I am not too keen on it. I am not sure that discovering that the pigs snore would make me get them to loose weight since I spend most of the day cooking their food to make them gain weight.

I hope that all the support and best wishes TAS gives helps those who have bad days and difficulties and I look forward to hearing of better days in 2012.

Cheers Martin 
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

mcginty

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Tyrone, N.I.
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2012, 12:18:43 am »
smallholding! been there, done that, for over 40 years,would not change anything.
It is a labour of love. :horse:
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS