Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 2624 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Help please
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:05:30 am »
I want to post a photo on here BUT I am a technophobe.  Can anyone walk me through this in very simple steps please.  (The photo is on my computer).

HappyHippy

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 07:36:08 am »
Hope this helps HM
1) Make sure the photo is less than 128Kb in size - this is done by resizing in your photo in your photo editing programme.
2) After you've written your post, click 'additional options' you get a box with 'browse' - hit browse, locate the photo on your computer and just click it - it should load up automatically.
3) I always highlight and right click on the text then hit copy before I hit the post button - but this is just incase my photo's not the right size - if it's too big the message you've written gets lost and mine are usually quite long ;)
4) Hit the post button and (hopefully) hey presto  ;D
Alternatively you can set up a 'flickr' account, put all your photo's on there and just post a link to them, but if it's just the 1 photo it's probably easier to follow the steps above.
Good luck & look forward to seeing it !

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 12:21:56 pm »
Oh god! I have just learned how to put photo's on but I didn't do any of the above. Help me as well!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 05:11:45 pm »
Many thanks am going to try now ......  (so if the internet blows up you will know who to blame)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 05:14:16 pm »
How do I reduce the photo please?

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 07:40:03 pm »
Hiya,
If you look in the menu of your photo editior you should get an option to 'resize' the photo. Maybe called something different in yours, but you can usually reduce by %age or pixels.
Hope this helps, Karen x

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:22:33 am »
I'VE DONE IT

Many   thanks
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:06:16 am by Hilarysmum »

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 06:25:23 pm »
He's so cute ! What's his name ?
I bet Hilary's snout is well out of joint what with this new upstart taking over her territory  ;)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 06:53:56 pm »
Woah! I clicked and suddenly its the worlds biggest pig!! Well done HM, from a fellow technophobe (but getting better all the time!)
Little Blue

sandy

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 07:38:15 pm »
Well done, I don't do it too often as I have loads of too large photos and it takes me ages to sort them out to put on here. THe pig must be in a deep sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 08:31:19 am »
Digby is an accidental pet.  Hilary hates him!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS