Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Its blowy out there...  (Read 2841 times)

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
Re: Its blowy out there...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 09:35:35 am »
'tis a bit windy and bumpy here on the edge of the Atlantic (about 90km WNW of Shetland) although nothing out of the ordinary for winter.  However it has been constant for a while now, we haven't seen a supply boat for a week and the forecast suggests we won't see one for another week at least.

The Christmas food is still not here and I am getting worried...................

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 10:53:09 pm »
I took the pooch out at about 10.00 hrs last night for his last clean dog session  it was peeing it down with a decent blow behind it.. he turned tail as soon as he poked his nose out the door & turned into  a Sooner.. so did I .... Sooner in doors that out the better.
 About 01.10hrs he came and shouldered the bedroom door open , shoved his head into my face several times as his way of saying " I want to go and be clean "  .

I dragged on my grollies and jeans then used my crutches to get to the door ,  he tore out down to his dog loo and started to pee like a race horse.  Just as he started the heavens opened and a big strong gust of wind blew several buckets of water off the garage roof in an inch thick sheet/slab of water some 7 x 7 feet across,  it landed fair and square on pooch who was still peeing .
 I've never seen a dog react so quick, as soon as it hit him he was about two feet up in the air sort of spotty dog style with stiff legs still peeing . On landing he tore back to the house still trying to write his name on the ground .

I kept him out side till he'd finished then let him in ..  Big mistake ... I got a cold bath as he shook himself silly in the hall way trying  to shake off most of the ice cold water.

When he'd finished &  I came into the lounge ..his eyes were sparkling like diamonds , boy oh boy was he switched on & all keyed up.
Stayed up with him as I got dried off and had a hot cup of coffee & put the heating on for an hour to warm me up . 

The wind & rain  was roaring along like an express train through a narrow station  it even took out the sky signal for a good 20 minutes . I went back to bed about 02.00 hrs.  it was still blowing a rain soaked gale  around 03.00hrs

I thought we were going to lose a few roof tiles at the very least .

This morning at 07.30 the car was thickly covered in frozen rain drops.

Some very varied weather for us yesterday indeed.

Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 08:01:50 am »
Your poor pooch!! I hope things are better this morning for his bathroom duties!! :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS