Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Confession time  (Read 7952 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Confession time
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »
....Put it this way, when I see wine racks in kitchens I am enviouse, if we had one it would have to be filled with empty ones!!!! :innocent:
Are the new tins of Quality Street, Roses and Celebrations smaller than last year, or am I getting greedy  :pig: ?

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »
Bought a bottle of port for Christmas on offer at the Coop. We drank it within a week or two. Bought another one. S'all gone again. Won't be buying any more. Was nice though but a thick head in the morning on a couple of occasions. I love port. I shall henceforth only drink it at other people's houses.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 10:44:44 pm »
I love Port too but it so does the same to me, Big headache......I went for a Christmas retreat with my family and they had a bottle of sherry and cake for a welcome pressie, know one tried the sherry so I drank it, its strange as I often fancy a glass but more than one glass is always too much and makes me feel quite ill in the morning.....to me, a sherry seems a lovely Christmas drink......as a child, on Christmas Eve, mum would give me a very diluted Port and Lemonade to help me get to sleep, it worked!!!!
I still feel guilty about my Lab eating a fishermans lunch on our walkies around Gartmorn Dam......poor chap!! :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 10:14:28 pm »
I haven't bought any either.  Need a smug emoticon

Not buying them and not eating them is no reason for smugness - buying them and not eating them is  ;)

I have bought Christmas sweeties and not eaten them though.  (Very smug)

They've been in the house for more than 24 hours and it's killing me (Not so smug)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 11:48:11 pm »
I think on reading all the posts I will leave buying Christmas sweeties until Christmas Eve!!  :eyelashes:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 11:10:04 am »
Good move Sandy  :thumbsup:
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:12 am »
I bought a bottle of gin for over Christmas. One of those damned dogs has drunk half of it already >:( :innocent: :innocent:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 11:12:32 am »
You have all inspired me to be realistic and know I wouldn't keep them till Xmas, so to not buy them till Xmas Eve, as usual!  :D  Thanks!  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 11:34:04 am »
oooh stop it!!!!!

there are several tins of yummyness hiding behind the sofa.....don't make me go look!!!!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 11:46:59 am »
I tried very hard not to open the Christmas tin of sweets but gave up over the weekend.  :innocent: Christmas pies are also one of the things I cannot keep in my cupboard as they just shout eat me every time i look in the cupboard. Wine not bought yet as again we would be too tempted. Not planning to buy spirits this year as we have give up the hard stuff getting too expensive.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 11:50:41 am »
....Put it this way, when I see wine racks in kitchens I am enviouse, if we had one it would have to be filled with empty ones!!!! :innocent:
Are the new tins of Quality Street, Roses and Celebrations smaller than last year, or am I getting greedy  :pig: ?
Definitely SMALLER! I used to use old choccie tins as cake tins. I tried to put a cake in a Quality Street tin at the weekend and couldnt close the lid. Now, Im not a bad cook but even MY cakes dont rise THAT much ;D

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 12:24:35 pm »
 :-[  well you know the xmas drink order i had delivered in an earlier post, HAD to borrow a bottle of wine from it last night as i have a really bad cold and my piggies are going ot the butchers this week...........well thats my excuse :innocent:
Mandy :pig:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 09:35:22 pm »
Thirty-six hours.  My OH has put them somewhere and I don't know where.

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 09:40:04 pm »
I'm awful, if its in the flat, I eat it! Have just found hubby's secret stash of chocolate- in the freezer!

Also have started 'tasting' the sloe gin, it's got no chance of making it till christmas!
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »
:-[  well you know the xmas drink order i had delivered in an earlier post, HAD to borrow a bottle of wine from it last night as i have a really bad cold and my piggies are going ot the butchers this week...........well thats my excuse :innocent:
Mandy :pig:

....going to the butchers, weaners arriving, snow on the ground, pigs too happy......I can always find an excuse to borrow a bottle of wine, when it is tempting me  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS