Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Single farm payments  (Read 2850 times)

graham-j

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Canterbury Kent
Single farm payments
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »
Hi,I am in the processes of buying a 30 acer small holding after having an acer of my own and renting another 8.5.
Things will be very tight to start with,which has lead me to wander about single farm payment.Am I entitled to claim for 30 acres of grazing and just what would it be worth.

Graham.
Graham.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Re: Single farm payments
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:50:10 pm »
there was a long thread on this which was really helpful - I will try and find thread for you....

graham-j

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Canterbury Kent
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 12:53:36 pm »
Hi,that would be very helpful thanks very much.

Graham.
Graham.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:57:07 pm »
here is one http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=28458.msg282248#msg282248  but if you type SFP into the search bar at the top and then select forums on the next page - you will uncovor a mine of info.  Its pretty complicated, but what I have gleaned is that it is possibly not worth buying entitelments at this time untill the new scheme becomes a bit clearer (the current scheme ends in a year I think and you might only just get your money back (unless the land comes with entitlements, which I doubt)!  Good luck and happy reading!

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:18:01 pm »
here is one http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=28458.msg282248#msg282248  but if you type SFP into the search bar at the top and then select forums on the next page - you will uncovor a mine of info.  Its pretty complicated, but what I have gleaned is that it is possibly not worth buying entitelments at this time untill the new scheme becomes a bit clearer (the current scheme ends in a year I think and you might only just get your money back (unless the land comes with entitlements, which I doubt)!  Good luck and happy reading!
When a local farmer sold his land in lots, he kept most entitlements, but the buyer who is our new neighbour 'land only', insisted on the entitlements being inlcuded. If you aren't too far down the line try and get them included?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS