Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Scotland  (Read 4603 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Hello from Scotland
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 09:01:15 pm »
After having said that cattle is too big for us.... well farmer moved 15 heifers into the field a day after I asked him if he wanted to... so quite keen then. And boy do they drink as lot of water... I am forever filling up their tank (with a garden hose)... but they do look gorgeous! (and are a lot more quiet than the ewes and goats!)

Sandy

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 09:08:40 pm »
 :wave: 5 kids!!! you must be mad!!!! in a nice way though, I love children...welcome

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 11:08:27 pm »

No I'm not on NR anymore. They introduced subscription and I let it lapse. I did try to rejoin but can't seem to get past the registration. I'm on Horse and Hound now and again.

Nice to see you too. :) Do you still have your soap business?
[/quote]

Hiya, no i dont, i run purpleandblack.co.uk but i am closing it, now that i have moved here, the kitcehn is far too small to make soaps and bathbombs, so i have given it up, now i need to find a job as i miss the income.
I am on trotonline its a great forum.

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 11:09:51 pm »
After having said that cattle is too big for us.... well farmer moved 15 heifers into the field a day after I asked him if he wanted to... so quite keen then. And boy do they drink as lot of water... I am forever filling up their tank (with a garden hose)... but they do look gorgeous! (and are a lot more quiet than the ewes and goats!)

what are heifers? Not heard of them?

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 11:10:28 pm »
:wave: 5 kids!!! you must be mad!!!! in a nice way though, I love children...welcome

Yes i am mad, i must be lol.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 08:46:44 pm »
Heifers are young female cows before they have calved (not sure what the exact age is when cows go to the bull...)

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 08:42:08 pm »
Heifers are young female cows before they have calved (not sure what the exact age is when cows go to the bull...)

Ahh i see, i am going to have to get used to these new names, now that i live in a farm.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS