Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat milking stand  (Read 3174 times)

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Goat milking stand
« on: July 14, 2013, 06:02:09 pm »
My other half (verdifish, who is great at metalworking but not so good at internet posting!) has just created the most fabulous adjustable, stable, flat-packable goat milking stand with a metal frame for easy cleaning and durability. Clydesdaleclopper is now very pleased with it, although her goats seem to require a little persuading!
I have attached photos. The photos with our own goat, who was standing there quite happy for her first time on a milking stand, were taken before it was painted. The photo with the "two legged goat" is after painting.
If anyone is interested in having one made, or any other metalwork projects doing, please send us a message.
The frame is completely flat-packable for ease of transport.
We are in Aberdeenshire, so can deliver cheaply in the local area, or can box up flat pack for courier delivery.
PS hope it's OK to post this on the forum, it seemed to fit into this group OK.
Thanks for looking
Suzanne

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Goat milking stand
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:20 pm »
It is truly awesome  ;D

Maybe this post should be in the goat section though.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:58:06 pm »
That is a really nice stand.

Fabulous!

Beth

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:52:47 am »
Wow!  Do you lend OH out lol

Helen

ferretkeeper

• Joined May 2013
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Brecon View Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:50:37 am »
Gosh so simple yet so effective. Wish my OH was that handy - he's not bad to be fair but I wanted a milking stand, looked for pics on line to guide us. Well he huffed and puffed with all sorts of reasons why we can't do it. I walked away with a few choice words and made one myself, he was told to **** off any time he came near me while I made it!

It was made with wood we had around, it's heavy and unfortunately can't be moved or disassembled easily but it does the job! Yours looks great esp if you don't want to leave it up or if you aren't milking all the time i.e. I've used mine to restrain any goat for feet trimming etc
breconviewfarm.co.uk Rare breed, free range.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:37:23 am »
Wow!  Do you lend OH out lol

Helen
Afraid not, I'd be worried I wouldn't get him back!
However, he is happy to take on projects if you had any particular requirements :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS