Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tree  (Read 4604 times)

Jaymac76

• Joined Jun 2012
Tree
« on: August 26, 2023, 04:27:46 pm »
Can anyone tell me what kind of tree this is?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 06:52:05 pm by Jaymac76 »

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Tree
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 06:41:49 pm »
It's a bit too far away. Need to see the leaves in more detail. First thought was a chopped poplar?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 07:26:46 pm »
Very hard to tell from those pics but my best guess might be quince?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 08:13:11 pm »
That is a pear tree - well, let's go for just 90% certainty on that given the lack of a close-up pic.    I don't know what "variety", but I would describe it as the pear equivalent of a crab apple. Give the fruit a nibble to see if I'm right.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 09:44:59 pm by arobwk »

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 05:13:40 pm »
It looks like a fruit tree to me. Either an apple or a pear, but would need a close up of the leaves to be sure. But....., if this is a recent picture, it should have some fruit on it. Perhaps Chris was right after all  ::) .

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 04:19:50 pm »
It looks like a fruit tree to me. Either an apple or a pear, but would need a close up of the leaves to be sure. But....., if this is a recent picture, it should have some fruit on it. Perhaps Chris was right after all  ::) .

It's a pear tree - no need for further discussion LOL.  I just wish [member=25691]Jaymac76[/member] would respond to affirm (perhaps on holiday given the season) !!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS