Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 333699 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #405 on: September 11, 2015, 07:50:20 am »
Milking the buff and feeding 5 calves, more on the way, but not for another 3-4 weeks. Then cleaning out the hens bedding and putting in fresh, doing a spot of fencing. Also cleaning out buildings and weeding gardens.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #406 on: September 11, 2015, 12:56:29 pm »
Making beetroot and apple chutney.
Just back from the allotment with the next batch of beetroot and onions.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #407 on: September 11, 2015, 01:39:02 pm »
Shovelling pea gravel...

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #408 on: September 11, 2015, 03:33:10 pm »
studying, arghh

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #409 on: September 11, 2015, 05:04:47 pm »
Drs appointment and then went shopping
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #410 on: September 11, 2015, 05:46:10 pm »
Having time wasted by others

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2015, 05:49:42 pm »
Spinning again :)   :spin:

Still Touring, today they are in the Peak District so I span Whitefaced Woodland and Derbyshire Gritstone :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #412 on: September 11, 2015, 05:54:09 pm »
Went to my dear brother's memorial service. It's hard to say goodbye to someone you have known and loved for all sixty five years of your life Can't stop howling!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #413 on: September 11, 2015, 05:56:35 pm »
Went to my dear brother's memorial service. It's hard to say goodbye to someone you have known and loved for all sixty five years of your life Can't stop howling!!

:hug: :hug:  Howl away, losing a sibling is a devastating loss.  :hug:  :bouquet:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #414 on: September 11, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »

:hug:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #415 on: September 11, 2015, 11:46:23 pm »

:hug: :bouquet:

I went with OH to Ludlow Food Festival which was amazing. I couldn't believe how many stalls were selling chutneys.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #416 on: September 13, 2015, 06:46:31 pm »
getting all the sheep in to split off the lambs for weaning, home slaughter of one of last years boys that OH didn't ring properly  ::) , sorting the electric fencing to keep the billy kid away from the girls. Gearing up for butchery tomorrow.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #417 on: September 13, 2015, 08:00:15 pm »
Separating older ewes for the cull, they're going off to mart tomoz, and tidying up the rest of the ewes for the tup, going in next month. Just hoping i get a decent price for them.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #418 on: September 17, 2015, 08:46:28 pm »
...sleeping off a 2 day migraine.

Then big chicken muck out
Is it time to retire yet?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #419 on: September 17, 2015, 10:05:34 pm »
      helping my friend, Eve, clean her new house ready for the move tomorrow  ................ taking my other friend, Enid, and her partner Eoin, for lunch in honour of her birthday ............... then took the dogs for a  gallop in the fields .....................  then back to help Eve.  Time to relax and browse t'internet now with a coffee. :relief:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS