Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kune kune harness  (Read 9960 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Kune kune harness
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 08:07:44 am »
I am trying to each our boar to walk at heel.  Not very successfully, but he does follow along quite nicely.  Although he had a little trick of trotting down the road, turning occasionally to watch to see what I would do.  I fell for this several times running back to get a bucket of nuts, shaking the bucket, running after him and calling.  Last time I thought oh to hell with it.  Went back; sat on a chair with a book.  It took him 10 seconds to decide he wasnt going any further.  He came loping back ears flapping, puffing like a steam train.  Threw himself down on my feet, didnt move for 10 minutes.  So take heart if piggie runs off, just walk away.  He should come back.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 05:22:12 pm »
ha ha, lovely image there!  Yes, thats our agreement if the dog ever gets off, just ignore her and she'll follow home.  Thats the plan anyway...
Murphy would just root around the soft ground, whereas Sheba would chase anything that moved!
Little Blue

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 06:25:45 pm »
dont you need a walking licence to take your pig on the road.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 12:40:12 pm »
Hi no we live in France and the land we walk on is ours anyway.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »
but, yes, you do need a walking licence in GB, and have to carry it on you, so you can present it to a police-person when they ask to see it !
But you need a well trained pig first...
Little Blue

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 12:03:39 am »
Oh come on Hilarysmum..... we are talking now about George ( GOS) .... if the authorities come he would just flop down on their feet and expect a tummy tickle. May be you should apply for the old thing of a dog license!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 07:00:52 am »
Dear George (and his companion) do not think of themselves as dogs when they climb on to the sofa!!!!  Far superior.  Not sure the dogs agree.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS