Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hay suppliers surrey  (Read 2354 times)

bcnacd

• Joined Dec 2014
Hay suppliers surrey
« on: February 15, 2015, 09:03:31 am »
I hope this is allowed, apologies if not. I need to buy a small amount of hay and struggling to find anything decent as the last lot I got was mostly wasted by the sheep thanks to its poor quality. I only need to 5-10 small bales (enough to see 4 sheep through for a little while) and am happy to collect. Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier in Surrey?

Thanks.

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
Re: Hay suppliers surrey
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:43:01 pm »
I think Whipley Manor Farm sells it - don't know whereabouts you are, but they are about 6 miles south of Guildford.

MarvinH

• Joined Oct 2011
  • England
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:27:56 pm »
Why dont you just knock on a few farmers doors. If you give them time for a chat often most helpfull with most things.
Sheep

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
  • Proud owner of sheep and Llamas!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:47:20 pm »
Hello, I'm In Surrey so may be able to help!

Where abouts in Surrey are you? It's a shame I've sold out of hay this year but know plenty of people :)

bcnacd

• Joined Dec 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 08:48:28 am »
Thanks.
I'm not in a very rural area so finding farmers doors to knock on can be a little tricky, but I'll bear it in mind.

That's very kind Hillview. The sheep are kept near Leatherhead. I have managed to source a small amount to last me a little while, but will need more again at some point in the future so is very helpful to know!

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
  • Proud owner of sheep and Llamas!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 07:08:39 pm »
Ah! I'm only in reigate! Let me know when you need some more as I know quite a few people in the area :) may be able to spare a few bales by then :)

bcnacd

• Joined Dec 2014
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »
Thanks  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS