Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The thieves have visited - again!  (Read 6270 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: The thieves have visited - again!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 09:40:31 am »
we had a period of metal being nicked from people's properties, sadly this happens... :&>

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 10:04:13 am »
These people will have to scout out the possibilities during daytime - just start writing down number plates etc of any suspicious cars, especially vans. I have started doing that, also if I see someone parking/stopping at the end of our driveway I make a point of going past and looking at them hard. So far so good....

And I would also second that you will need to take out buildings insurance for the time during the build, we did that, as our builder advised us. We did at that time not live on site either. If you can move on in a caravan and get yourself a noisy dog, doesn't need to be big, but it helps.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »
It's not plain buildings insurance you need.  If you are building a house and not having it built by a company you will need 'self build' insurance
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 02:04:18 pm »
Could you take very ostentatious photos of number plate and driver of any vehicles parked near your property?  Might put someone off.

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 05:45:24 pm »
In what is getting to be a boring update, we were burgled again last night. They took the remaining energiser from a locked shed and broke into the barn and stole a generator. We have another incident number and I think we are to be visited by the CSOs. That's that sorted then!
After last week's incident, we wrote to planning and asked for the condition to be discharged as a matter of urgency as we were being targeted by thieves. We received a phone call from the planning officer to say she couldn't discharge the condition as we hadn't provided the relevant paperwork. In fact, we had dropped it off at the planning office two weeks previously. Goodness knows where it went. Enough to make you weep.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 05:48:52 pm »
If you have copies of the relevant paperwork, take it in and get a signature for it.  Also send a second copy but again recorded delivery for a signature.  I really sympathise.

robert waddell

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 05:58:16 pm »
we had the misfortune to be advised by the crime prevention officers other than shinny shoes a complete waste of time and tax payers money just did not have a clue no wonder crime is on the increase they could not catch a cold (was going to use a more descriptive term but showing restraint)

smiley bucket

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 10:05:21 pm »
what happened after this?  Are you living onsite now?
Pay our politicians minimum wage and watch how fast things change.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS