Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Want to know my Pedigree but far too late for any more breeding!!!  (Read 9671 times)

Sandy

Re: Want to know my Pedigree but far too late for any more breeding!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 11:48:30 pm »
So strange, my partner is adopted and came from a tiny village and had an unusual name and we have some men working up here and staying and the compamy is 10 miles from where my partners family came from and one of the men has the very same unusual name...should I ask him or not!! my OH is worried about it!!!!! small world and a secret that may well be kept!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 08:45:04 am »
Sorry off topic but Sandy why are you a guest at present is everything ok   ??????  Worried HM. :)

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 09:00:59 am »
My Mum and Dad started searching the family tree quite a few years ago now, they had a lot of success but when the day came for Mum to put Dad's Date of Death on the tree she packed it up and put it away, she mentioned the ohter day something about it and I get the feeling the huge rolls of paper are coming out again. :)

I know they used the census' a lot, our family are Yorkshire, Cumbria, we lived in Cheshire, Mum still does and I am now in Scotland!

I could ask her what she used if you like, they did have loads of success, to the point of tracing virtually every branch and twig of the tree not just the trunk!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 10:43:37 am »
Sorry off topic but Sandy why are you a guest at present is everything ok   ??????  Worried HM. :)
Don't worry, HM - she's back on again, was ages ago and just a blip.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 11:20:11 am »
Not a guest and working on being a super hero!!! Any way, I did get quite far with my dad but only paid out around £10 in total so if I had paid more I would know more, I found that they went back and forward from Leicester to manchester but as my great grandad were plumbers I suppose that was for work and my grandma came from Manchester and I went a fair way down her lines as well so vertualy sorted. A few weeks ago I met 100's of my mums relations in a reunion up here in Scotland and my cousin is working on our grandma who was from county mayo so, I am almost fully aware of both sides of my family, I just found it interesting with the young man staying having the same name as my partners mum although she now is married but she did have 3 brothers!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 12:03:55 pm »
I think Steve should ask him where his folks come from with such an unusual name!  Doesn't need to ask if he is a relative straight away.  But might want to if some things tie in.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 08:16:33 pm »
I say.. ask him!
it's always better to regret something you've done than something you didn't.
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS