Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Want to know my Pedigree but far too late for any more breeding!!!  (Read 9672 times)

sandy

Re: Want to know my Pedigree but far too late for any more breeding!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 08:49:11 pm »
 ???£400 ???

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 08:54:03 pm »
My Mum was disowned in 1969 when she married my Dad and has had no contact with them since.  She also had a much younger sister she hasn't seen since 1969.  I have often throught of trying to find them, but have never got round to it.  I assume her parent's must be dead, but her sister could still be out there.

sandy

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 09:05:11 pm »
people are often easy to trace although I am unable to find a cousin that was brought up living 2 doors away, she served as an MP so maybe she dose not want to be traceble. My partner watched a programme about a war baby whos father was an american soldier, that prompted him to trace his natural mum and dad as he is adopted...he found them and still has a few missing bits as he never bothered to keep in touch but he can pick up the thread if needed!!! facinating stuff and I never understood disowning family, although I know my grandparents run off to Scotland as they did not get parents consent as it was classed as a mixed marrage, a prodistant scotsman to and Irish Catholic :o

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 09:10:38 pm »
I also feel like I've been disowned though no fault of my own, which is one of the reasons I've dragged my heels in searching for them.  I also don't want to upset my Mum.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 11:05:34 pm »
???£400 ???

Yes, same price fro a pup as the stud fee.  Didn't Charlie say what to charge?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 07:42:48 am »
 ;)course I know, I bought one after all.just wanted more from just a stunning stud dog ;) ;) we shall see!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:02 am »
Sandy, to be honest,  £400 is more than plenty for a show/working mix Lab.  The normal price is £350.   Also, there is a recession going on.  I only charge £500 for my fully pedigreed, Pure French Bred, Champion lined Brittanys!  They are dual purpose too but they are meant to be.  The Labrador breed is split between show and working and has been for a very long time.  The mother of Zeus is not a good show dog, even though she has a champion ancestor - not every pup with two champion parents is destined to be a champion itself.  And although Zeus looks stunning he wouldn't win in the show ring.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 12:46:47 pm »
I know, I know, £400 was what we expect as each one sold will get me nearer to Australia to visit my eldest daughter and her family, Ummm, may put that in my add ;)
Now back to the original subject,[I wondered where all my Gran's family had gone after 20 years!!!!! How stupid?????they would have moved out or married!!!! Back to the research.......need to find some maiden names I am intelligent really...honest

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 03:58:51 pm »
Hi Sandy, Piggie seems to be doing a bit better now.  Should have some time this evening to look at your family tree  :)

You say you've seen some family in the 1881 and 1891 census, could you message me the full names and ages of everyone in the family on the 1881 census to give me a point to start.

Many thanks.

Julie  :love:
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 06:21:21 pm »
Be careful Julie - others might ask too - you could have a full time job here!  Sandy, remind me to let you see all the documents Helen and I have accumulated sometime.  Scotland's People has a Timeline on it which helps to let you see where to go next.  Don't know if the others have that.

sandy

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 07:00:30 pm »
I shall carry on tonight as I have now got fairly far, having trouble finding my Great Grandmas maiden name on my gradads side, found the maiden name on my Grandmas side......must be off for some more...

sandy

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »
Very hard to find maiden names!!!! I found the other by seeing the place of birth for the year of the wife and did a trawl until one matched, only one matched so that was great......not even sure with this one as cannot do a place of birth and date check without a Surname so defeats the object.....will have a think as my legs are going stiff!!!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 07:59:38 pm »
Do you not have a computer chair?!
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 08:04:52 pm »
What website are you using Sandy?

sandy

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 08:03:11 am »
Using lots of different sites, Church of later day saints,family earch, Cyndis list, Genes reunited, Ancestory.com, free BDM, 1911 free census, 3 paid for sites although only used a few credits, genealogy, just basic goggle search with known details, got on well but I find it odd how a lot of the family moved back and forth from Leicester to Manchester and vi ca verca on both Grandparents side, although Gran was born in Manchester. I suppose it was for work, also my Grandad disappeared from the household at age 11 but reapeared as a plumber in his early 20's, his mother also died when he was 11.........

I have a chair but I am sitting too long so I must give it a break and do some jobs ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:21:51 am by sandy »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS