Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: When will my pig give birth  (Read 2091 times)

Charlotte01

• Joined Mar 2021
When will my pig give birth
« on: March 28, 2021, 01:49:49 pm »
We have a GOS/saddleback gilt, she went with the boar on 14th november and she left him mount her straight away, which i assumed meant she was in heat.. going by that date she should have had piglets 3 weeks ago so now im thinking as it was the boars first time maybe he didnt know what he was doing so give it another 3 weeks roughly and that takes us to tuesday just past 23rd. She looms very ready, vulva is swollen and shes not eaten pig nuts since friday but had eaten fruits since then. Please help im not sure if i got my dates compeltely wrong.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: When will my pig give birth
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:13:32 pm »
bumping this and hoping one of our experienced piggie people see it and reply soon
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 05:36:32 pm »
Served 14/11/20 due 08/03/21 another 3 weeks makes her any day. Mixture of first time boar and gilt could have been the problem. Although had they got together when they shouldn't it would have been fine!

How long did she stay with the boar?

Does she look pregnant and got milk? You wont be the first to get to this point, to find you have an empty gilt that is in season.

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 07:02:56 pm »
is she showing inpig,,she would be by now

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS