Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Some people are pure evil!  (Read 40962 times)

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
Re: Some people are pure evil!
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 08:49:30 pm »
WE HAVE FOUND BELLA!
Well we know where she is in Kent, the traveller site behind Darenth Valley Hospital, we know the name of the person who has her, his full description and vehicle.
But... so far Kent police can't collect as Essex police haven't sent an email, trying to get Essex police to send an email is like getting blood from a stone. They are actively trying to sell her so not sure we will get her back. We have been advised that traveller site is not one to approach by their liason officer.
 :fc:
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2012, 08:54:07 pm »
Really hope you get her back  :fc: .

:bouquet:

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »
Start jumping up and down on Essex police
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2012, 09:43:41 pm »
Brilliant news.   ;D ;D ;D   Keep on at Essex police and good luck.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2012, 10:14:34 pm »
WE HAVE FOUND BELLA!
Well we know where she is in Kent, the traveller site behind Darenth Valley Hospital, we know the name of the person who has her, his full description and vehicle.
But... so far Kent police can't collect as Essex police haven't sent an email, trying to get Essex police to send an email is like getting blood from a stone. They are actively trying to sell her so not sure we will get her back. We have been advised that traveller site is not one to approach by their liason officer.
 :fc:

(Although it has to be your decision of course, and you might not want to risk it), If it were me, I would go there. Our local site at our last house was one which the police would only go into with helicopters and armed back up. But if we were looking for a missing animal we would go in there and talk to the occupants. They are far more hostile to the police coming in than they are to ordinary people, especially a woman, though they will try to bluff it out and will also prob demand an enormous figure for its return.
We can be PC about 'making assumptions' but the white vans with false plates (often shared between a number of 'pool' vehicles at the site) is the classic operating style of the less reputable members of the travelling community and was certainly the method used by our local site eg when flytipping (block lane at both ends with 2 transits to prevent being filmed) or burgling sheds (seen by us), and the disinclination of the police to go in without assembling a posse first just gives ample opportunity for stolen goods to be spirited away, wanted suspects to be removed from the scene etc.
I am keeping all fingers crossed that Bella is returned safe and sound.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »
 :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc:  Everything crossed for you and Bella.  I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight - it must now be very frustrating for you knowing where she is but being unable to go get her.
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

WarescotFarm

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2012, 10:25:24 pm »
I am all for going in, but at every turn people are telling me not to go
I want to just go and try and buy her back even, apparently they have a little farm shop at the edge of the site that they sometimes sell livestock from, it is a case of turn up and see if someone is there. i am considering that angle, just saying i want a goat and see
oh i don't know  ???
i also don't want them to be cross and come back to our house if the police reclaim her
Miniature Falabella, Pygmy Goat, 2 Glouster Old Spots, 1 Long Island Red, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Dark Sussex, 1 Silkie, 1 Magpie Duck and hopefully some more chicks and ducklings due to hatch soon!

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »
I'd tell the police you are going in they will then be forced to act.One of those police chase [rogrammes the other night was saying how the police have an arrangement that they can cross borders so don't take any excuses! It took my local lot FOUR hours and seven police vehicles,armed response etc to do nothing about the two traveller dogs that killed my goats and despite two court visits I did not even get an apology!!!!!!! The police are too scared but they have to turn up if you say you are going in

adamhfc

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2012, 12:36:11 am »
wish i was closer as i would come with you realy hope you get her back i know shes a pet but its a kick in the teeth that you have to buy your own animal back but i would be the same

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2012, 01:12:42 am »
 :fc:  hope all ends well
Any chance of demanding to see someone higher up in the force?

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2012, 07:55:43 am »
I am all for going in, but at every turn people are telling me not to go
I want to just go and try and buy her back even, apparently they have a little farm shop at the edge of the site that they sometimes sell livestock from, it is a case of turn up and see if someone is there. i am considering that angle, just saying i want a goat and see
oh i don't know  ???
i also don't want them to be cross and come back to our house if the police reclaim her
The shop thing sounds like a good 'reason' for you to turn up.
The alternative is to tell the police that you or your relatives will be going there to reclaim the animal and that you fear a breach of the police may occur, then the police will be obliged to come. But I do think the chances of successfully getting the animal returned are greater without the police involved, tho it may involve paying for the goat.
If you do go, and are negotiating, be firm on the price you will pay and also dont be intimidated by the shouting and effing and blinding and also people standing very very close to you when they do it. Its something I found very hard to cope with, having people right in my face and very threatening but it is just the community's normal way of discussing things.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2012, 08:10:13 am »
Keeping my fingers crossed really tightly for you and Bella  :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2012, 08:13:22 am »
I'd go there.

Just prior to jingle joys having the dogs attack her goats, my friend opposite the site had her sheep killed by the same dogs. A friend of mine went onto the site to find out who owned the dogs and a name was given straight away by one of the majority of 'good' travellers who was sick of the cr*p being caused by the minority. However....the police said they couldnt' act without a minimum of 8 armoured vehicles ( ??? ) as a result nothign was done and jingle joys lost her goats  :'(   
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2012, 08:58:45 am »
Like others above - as they have a sort of shop it is a fine excuse to go and as you are pretty sure where she is I  would be worried she'd get moved on before anything official can be done about it - I really hope you get her back  :fc: :fc:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2012, 09:03:56 am »
Brilliant news you know where she is! 

A friend had a border terrier stolen by them and the police refused to go in. They did and got the dog back!  I think i would go and try buy her back.

It is really disgusting that they have got something of yours and the police refuse to act.

Helen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS