Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: yuck  (Read 2599 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
yuck
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:53:27 pm »
i found a small patch of blood today on our concrete courtyard, on closer inspection i found a little nose and the front teeth - that was all that was left of a mouse. ha
maybe my cats do do something useful after all...lol
 :cat: :cat:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: yuck
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:43:55 pm »
Until we move to Scotland and had a B&B we always had cats and always found a bit of innards on the carpet, usually when you have no shoes on  >:(  I do look forward to having a cat again as I love them, they are so superior

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:54:25 pm »
My cats (when I had some) used to leave the gall bladder of mice and the ears and tail of rabbits. My sister-in-law, on a search for paracetamol for her hangover, got a gall bladder between her toes. She is terrified of mice and had a screaming fit when I told her what it was. forgot all about her headache.  :roflanim: 

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 11:15:44 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: , so many times have I had a bit of mouse between my toes!!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:36:39 pm »
My cat is so lovely she leaves the unwanted bits on the front doorstep so we've always got our shoes on before we step on them  ;D :cat:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:09:43 pm »
Well trained cat. Ours were shut in the utility room at night, where their beds were, but they all went out all night. There was invariably a line of body parts just outside the door into the kitchen in the mornings. We learned to make sure we had something on our feet before going out there. My SIL soon learned.  :roflanim:

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:45:16 am »
Mine hide them in the most inaccessible places. We can smell it somewhere but sometimes just can't track it down. Then it's just awful when you finally come across it whilst cleaning weeks later. I just found what little was left of a rabbit behind the table in the study while brushing the floor in there this evening (a rarity),

H

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 07:00:13 am »
You girls paint a wonderful picture  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Raine

• Joined May 2011
  • Lincoln
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 08:56:29 am »
 :wave:

Our little kitten Gizmo surrounds the house with dead voles!  ???

He has killed a couple of mice, but at only 10 months old (and being quite small) they look huge when he carries them around!  :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 05:50:51 pm »
I often found something dead on the back door step with a plant on the top for garnish, that always amused me, not had a cat since we have owned the B&B as they tend to go  in peoples rooms or wee in places

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS