Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poor postman  (Read 1819 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Poor postman
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:02:20 pm »
his face was a picture this morning.

I had let the pygmy billy out in the croft on his own.  He was doing his usual stuff ....head banging walls, pulling tree branches down,  wrecking everything.  Postman came to the field gate with a pile of mail - mainly junk mail.  He handed it to  me, held together with an elastic band.......Bobby leapt up, grabbed the letters, chucked them on the floor, and pulled them out one by one.  Postman had his mouth open, too shocked to say anything.  "was there anything important?" I asked.
The census he replied as Bobby  tossed something through the air.  I suddenly spotted my fell pony newsletter, and managed to grab that before it was spoilt.

Postie will be used to nasty dogs, but will not meet many mad billies on his round I am sure!!

Don't worry, census was unharmed!!

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Poor postman
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 08:54:52 am »
That will be a good story to tell his mates!  :D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Poor postman
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 05:42:29 pm »
imagine explaining that to the council - the goat ate my census!!

our postie puts stuff round the back if we dont answer the door quickly, or if he sees the dog (!) and he now talks to the goats, well Max, and the hens!
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS