Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GLASGOW Meeting on Monday 7th December  (Read 26245 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: GLASGOW Meeting on Monday 7th December
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 03:20:06 pm »
Me and robin are coming in on that day, not sure about getting a pram (might put him in the carrier if easier depending if he's a fat lump then lol)on the train but if sandy and annie are getting on the train (at alloa) am sure they help me out. Not sure about money (the amount thats is ) for presents this year so might just be window shopping for me.
Linz

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 09:32:34 pm »
Hi Julie, thanks for the invite I will try and get along to say hello to everyone. Karen and Calum have made good suggestions for places to meet. There is a pub on the corner of George Square and St Vincent Street called the Counting  House which is very reasonably priced for drinks and pub grub and it is very spacious.
If you are travelling from Dunoon, ferry and train, you will come into Central station which is 5 mins walk from George Sq.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 09:46:10 pm »
Apart from having to find someone to feed puppies for me I will be there - and yes, Linz, will help with Robin.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 09:56:39 pm »
I just meant if i have prob with pram on the train :)

Linz

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:47 pm »
I'm coming and would also like somewhere that we can go for the price of a coffee.
I heard that the Lighthouse has just gone bust which will mean that the doocot is out.
Does anyone know what the cafe at the Gallery of Modern Art is like?
http://www.glasgowmuseums.com/venue/index.cfm?venueid=3

It's right outside Queen's st station and gallery cafes are often quiet when shops are busy.
kirsty

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 10:41:16 pm »
The cafe is in the basement and shares the space with the gift shop. It's tight for space especially if there are quite a few meeting.
JD

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:45 pm »
I'm coming and would also like somewhere that we can go for the price of a coffee.
I heard that the Lighthouse has just gone bust which will mean that the doocot is out.

The Lighthouse is operating under administration and will remain open until January when the administrators, council and other relevant parties will make a decision on its viability. Doocot is a privately owned cafe renting the space and remains a profitable going concern. There would be no issue using Doocot for the meet, although I'm perhaps noting a preference for elsewhere for other reasons.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 11:17:38 pm »
Does everyone have a TAS badge?  I think Dan still has some - and they're free.  If we all wear our badges we won't have to go up to everyone else and look stupid when they say 'wt * is TAS?' ;D ;D ;D

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 11:32:28 pm »

[/quote]

The Lighthouse is operating under administration and will remain open until January when the administrators, council and other relevant parties will make a decision on its viability. Doocot is a privately owned cafe renting the space and remains a profitable going concern. There would be no issue using Doocot for the meet, although I'm perhaps noting a preference for elsewhere for other reasons.
[/quote]

That's good news, my vote is for the Lighthouse then, Its close to both stations and has a lift for prams etc and is usually quiet
kirsty

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:51 pm »
Oh and I'd love a TAS badge.
I've just henna'd my hair which makes me look a bit bright but I'm hoping that it will have faded by then becasue its too bright even for me.
kirsty

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 10:19:51 am »
Does everyone have a TAS badge?  I think Dan still has some - and they're free.  If we all wear our badges we won't have to go up to everyone else and look stupid when they say 'wt * is TAS?' ;D ;D ;D

I did email Dan for three a while back - but they didn't arrive  :'(

Maybe you can bring me some to the meeting Annie  ;D
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 10:26:51 am »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi Callum,
The Lighthouse will suit me (I'm not fit enough to ice skate at the moment - just a dream ;D -
Was worried about how far it was to walk for Sandy and Annie - but if its nearby Queen St Station then lets meet there - easier for Linz and looks a great place.
Shall we say 12-45-1.00.

I will hopefully be there for two to three hours depending on my train back to Dunoon.

So will wait to meet whoever can make it - should be great.
I'm not flying home that evening now, going back to Dunoon, and flying home the next evening to be at Prestwick for 7pm. Saves me having to bring my luggage to the meeting too ;D ;D
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Nisbet

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 01:49:33 pm »
Will ask Pretty Please to get my work covered that day and hopefully both Jonners and I can come and play too.  The only badge I have is one that says "I need hassle like a guinea-pig needs a fish-slice" ................don't spose that's appropriate!  It's a long story - probably had to be there!! No preference as to venue - will be so good to meet up with you guys. Well done Snoopy for getting the ball rollin'.  Til soon. N

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 03:56:53 pm »
Ok, will see if Dan has any badges left and take them with me.  Just need to wait for pups now and find a puppy sitter for that day. ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS