Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ear tags  (Read 2346 times)

milarepa

• Joined Jan 2012
ear tags
« on: January 06, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »
hello all could someone please explain to me the procedure for tags on goats and sheep the tags onthe goats were ripped out and shredded their ears i have still got them but obviously not in their ears the sheep have got ir tags from previous owner thanks for any help on this i thought i was reasonablybright obviously not                                                                  also looking for billy to put to pygmy (LOAN)   THANKS

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: ear tags
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »
First up, where do you live, cos it's different for down here and up there ;) (I think:?)
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

milarepa

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 08:11:17 pm »
WE LIVE IN SOUTH STAFFS NOT FAR FROM BRIDGNORTH

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 08:37:28 pm »
QUICK GUIDE – NEW RULES FOR GOATS
FROM 31 DECEMBER 2009
Key points for you to note
Identification
• Two identifiers: for breeding goats or any goats you keep beyond 12 months of age, both with the same
identification number.
• One tag: for goats intended for slaughter under 12 months of age a single slaughter tag which only has
the herd number.
Electronic identification is voluntary for goats. If you decide to use it, you will need to consult the specific guidance on goats.
Holding register
• Keep a separate holding register for each different holding you keep goats on.
• Record movements of animals born after 31 December 2009 individually, unless they are identified with a slaughter tag.
• Record details of any replacement identifiers (section 2), including any cross-references where appropriate.
Movement documents
• Fill in a movement document each time you move goats between your holding and a holding with a different CPH number.
• From 1 January 2011, record individual numbers of goats born after 31 December 2009 when they move,
unless they are identified with a slaughter tag.
• From 31 December 2011, record individual numbers of goats born before 31 December 2009 when they move,
unless they are moving direct to slaughter.
• Fill in all sections of the movement document which relate to you.
Movements within a business
• All movements within a business must be recorded and reported, apart from movements between land with the same
CPH number which is within five miles of your main holding, and where the goats remain under your keepership.
• Movements to a different numbered CPH, where the goats remain under your keepership, must be recorded and reported
on a batch basis.
• Movements of goats to a different numbered CPH, where the keepership (or ownership) changes, must be individually
recorded and reported (from 1 January 2011).
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION, REFER TO THE GUIDANCE FOR KEEPERS IN
ENGLAND, RULES FOR IDENTIFYING SHEEP AND GOATS – DECEMBER 2009

This is what Info I was provided with when I started with sheep and goats again this summer....
As to how you re tag a goat with no ears left is beyond me. I was told as they were pets I could id chip them, but I think the person who I spoke to on the 'phone was wrong on that.
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

milarepa

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 09:01:24 pm »
HI THIS EID IS IT COMPULSARY FOR SHEEP AND DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TAGS FROM PREVIOUS OWNERS FLOCK NUMBER THANKS AGAIN

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 10:50:44 pm »
It is compulsory for sheep born after 31st Dec 2009 as far as I remember, and no you don't change tags, they keep their tags for life. Unless you are upgrading from slaughter animals.
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 09:01:37 am »
Always cut the plastic tags where they bend so they cant get snagged on anything .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS