Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Newbie from Ayrshire  (Read 5234 times)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
Re: Newbie from Ayrshire
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »
Hello from Forfar :wave:

deniseg4

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 09:34:11 am »
Hi Toby, I'm at the start of the moor road at Broadlie.   :wave:

not a lot i can do with my 1/2 acre garden

I can sympathise, we also have only half and acre.  Although still having to work fulltime to keep us going, its probably best for us for now.  We've squeezed in the chickens small greenhouse and veg garden, and hope to have our 35ft polytunnel up by the end of the year.  Ducks and bees are the planned addition for next year.  I also do all sorts of crafts, but mainly knitting and crochet for now.  Its my ambition to start spinning my own yarn from locally bought wool  :sheep:

Rosemary is of course correct but BH thinks that Hillie is totally spoilt and would say that your mental image is not very far wide of the mark.  Although it'd be the wood-burner...     This from the man who owns the hand in this picture :

Sally and Rosemary, I've always wanted my own cow!  If I had enough time and space I'd definitely be looking into it.  What a really cute picture!   :love:

D x

Cluckinggoodpoultry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:12 pm »
Hello Denise and welcome from South Ayrshire  :farmer:

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 04:07:43 pm »

from ayrshire too!

Its great to see another Ayrshire-ite, are you north, south or east?

Denise

we're in east ayrshire, we have about 5 acres, containing 2 ponies, i horse (liveried here)13 hens and a cockerel, 3 geese, 4 dogs and 3 humans. we're still in the 'development stage' veg garden and greenhouse in progress!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS