Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Elliot leaves on Wednesday  (Read 3504 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Elliot leaves on Wednesday
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:51:49 am »
The handsome pygmy male is off to pastures new in Yorkshire. He will have two nice lady friends, and will live on a farm.  The people having him seem nice on the phone.  That's my main concern, finding good homes.  As I am cutting back on my goats, I have no use for Elliot, and its a shame to see a nice goat doing nothing.  His friend Darren, the Anglo Nubian male has moved to the other farm we have, so he has no company at the moment.
I still have Bobby, the older boy, and also little Edward who is 6 months.

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Re: Elliot leaves on Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:33:34 am »
So hope his new home works out well and that they prove to be as nice as they seem on the 'phone. It's so hard finding good homes isn't it? Found a 100% fabulous one for my five wethers who I delivered yesterday. I miss them so much it hurts though I know they'll want for nothing and are already loved by their new mum.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:38:14 am »
Glad he's found a nice home  :thumbsup:

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:47:36 am »
Pleased to hear he has found a good home. 

Helen

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 12:38:15 pm »
Exciting (?) for him to be off to pastures new, hope he meets lots of new friends  :thumbsup:
Whereabouts in Yorkshire?
Was up near Ripon last week, as soon as I said I had goats the lady was tryiing to give me a Pygmy billy, I said no thanks I've got 5 (didn't get round to ringing them  :( )  they put weight on better entire anyway (my excuse)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:51 pm »
Waved Elliot off in the back of a Landrover, en route to his new home, at Batley near Leeds.  I gave him a drink of water, and an armful of leaves to eat on his journey.  There was a grille behind the front seats and the windows were down, so hopefully he would get some air - and the people would get a whiff of billy goat :)
Already missing his loud screech that sounds like an elephant, and his little paddock is standing empty - or it was until the pigs discovered the gate open, and toddled in.
Its a shame for Billy goats - they are used to breed, and then the following year sold on -no guarantee of a permanent home in most cases, but never mind, I hopefully got Elliot a good home for the breeding season at least.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:28:43 pm »
Guess seasonal use is the job for most male species  :-\  sounds like he is going to a good home and looking forward to his job  ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 07:09:43 pm »
 :hug: :hug:

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »
Ah hon, such a sad air about that last post. Sounds like you did good by Elliot though.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 12:42:58 am »
I keep wondering if he is ok.  I don't think he will get his tea - goat mix and hay.  It sounded like he would be just on grass.  Hmm.....I think he will DEMAND his tea - loudly!!

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 11:37:04 am »
They should really let you know how he's doing, people who've bought my goats keep in touch even if just for a little while, while not ring and ask if he's settling in OK? I've done that before, they seemed pleased I'd rung, said they had mant to ring me but too busy watching her :) . Also shows you care and not just in it for the money ::) ;D     

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 04:30:15 pm »
Sent a text asking if Elliot had settled ok, and got a reply saying yes, he had, and seemed fine - so that's good.  Probably daft, but I do worry about how animals fare after they leave here.  Just hope you have found the right home, don't you?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 10:18:10 pm »
It's not daft. It shows you are a caring, responsible animal owner.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS