Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Privacy  (Read 8729 times)

Sandy

Privacy
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:29:59 pm »
Can I pass on to ALL other members of this forum that I do not consider this a proper place to name other forum users in posts unless they are infact a reply to thier question and not just a chance to target some one. Other posters may not mind their name being banded around but I do and I am posting this as i have read posts before, not about me, that I feel were a bit off the mark and off the original post, and as I have had a few posts where my name has been brought up without it being necessary to the content of the thread, some were removed before many others could read them. I am very offended as I do not feel a public forum a place to take out hostilities and I am always careful on here and in person not to be hurtful or disrespectful, please at least bear this in mind with posts as I do enjoy this forum and its a shame for someone to prevent my enjoyment! thanks :(.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:53:36 pm »
Hope i am not guilty on this one Sandy ? My mouth does tend to run off on it's own at times , shooting from the hip type of thing.
But if someone has got up my nose i just spit it out directly to that person , i hate backstabing or petty digs !
I tend to tell dickheads to feckoff, can't be arsed to play their stupid games .
But thats just my way , not always the right way !
Hope whatever the problem is sorts out ok mate , take care Sandy , love Russ x
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:56:01 pm by RUSTYME »

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Re: Privacy
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:03:25 pm »
Please don't go again Sandy. I love reading your posts. I might not say a lot but I do read things. :bouquet:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:29:33 pm »
I'm with you on this Sandy.

Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:19:04 pm »
I wouldn't recognise an insult unless someone spat in my face (and not always then) so if I offend anyone spit away ;D

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:40:36 pm »
Bit silly really, how can you stop someone referring to you if indeed its relevant to their own reply.  Unless its wrong information being banded about then I cant see a problem.  If the information is factual and you still dont like it - then its only you that can change the facts, surely?

It would be very unusual for anyone to 'band' you details around in a thread if it had no relevance to it - but if that did happen then a simple email to the webmaster could get it removed - but surly its not happening 'all the time' to you? If so whats it all about? I'm interested? :)

Baz

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 08:47:56 pm »
If your on about your full name details and address then surely having a domain name with your contact details on and registered with nominet should be removed too - although that would also be too late as its recorded in historic data in your previous posts.?  I dont get what your saying?

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 08:49:53 pm »
Thanks but the details were out the blue and not in my opinion necessary at all especialy when its nasty!! eg, a post about VW and some one saying Sandy has one is fine, then again if that post said, Sandy has one for sale but its not a very good car and she never looks after it not fine....I am getting mixed up now but I know exactly what was ment and I am not petty enough to get back with things I know...back stabbing is not my style and I DO like straight talking, people can disagree with me thats fine no problem but not to start talking about my personal life, all I can say is I am so glad I did not tell them anything about my Sex life or finances otherwise you would all think me a poor pervert and thats soooooo not true ;)

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »
Baz, my business web pages are under each post along so any one can check and thats fine otherwise I would not have put it there, when a post refers negitavly to your business ethics then thats not fine....if you read my posts (most are short) you may get an idea as I do not want to make things worse for myself, only ever get it from one person and thats not hard to see!!! Think I have said enough, they say thier bit and lock the post!!!

robert waddell

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 09:04:59 pm »
well you start another then lock it     getting the drift of this now     you should be like me and not give a flying fart :farmer:

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 09:06:57 pm »
Ah, you do have a problem if they lock the post after - as they are a mod on the forum.

Mmm - the plot thickens.

good luck with it, its obvious that other posters are more appreciative of your input, so stick with it, perhaps employ the water off a ducks back approach - or get a sudo name on the forum :)

hope all goes well

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 09:10:43 pm »
I would be very upset if my name was mentioned in relation to something I would rather was kept between friends so I can understand what Sandy means.
We don't want to lose you again Sandy - so many people love reading your posts and comments  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »
defamation of character and libel is against the law and its upto the webmaster to remove them if requested or face legal action by yourself.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »
You cant stop someone referring to private inforamtion 'thats between friends' if its fact.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:18 pm »
You cant stop someone referring to private inforamtion 'thats between friends' if its fact.
You can't stop them, no. But you would hope that they would know what was appropriate to say and what is potentially quite hurtful to be broadcast to hundreds or strangers  :-\
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS