Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: If a barn stays a barn - do I need planning to do stuff inside it (gym!)  (Read 9 times)

MJ1973

• Joined May 2024
Looking at few new house options with land and 90% have a barn or stables (or both) on agri land. I want to use an outbuilding as a home gym and I realise that converting a barn to something that looks like a Leisure Centre won't fly! But if its still looks exactly like a barn from outside but inside is a gym.....does anyone care?

In fact - what can even be done about it? Some we have seen are quite modern metal framed barns that with some rubber floor, lighting and maybe some simple insulation are good to go - have I not just made a very cosy barn :) That I happen to store my squat rack in!

Or does someone turn up and force me to move my rowing machine out (which would be daft because if they did I would be forced to use regular permitted development to build a home gym on the garden within the properties proper curtlige -so simply additional unnecessary building)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS