Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: swine flu spreading  (Read 7962 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: swine flu spreading
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 03:38:26 pm »
There's been another death in Scotland
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 04:09:35 pm »
yes, another one with underlying serious health problems . This time a man in his 70's I think , been in hospital for about 12-15 days being treated . This , although terrible for the persons family, is to be expected with any flu , and would not, under normal circumstances, be mentioned much above very local news paper reports . 3 people were sent home from Glastonbury yesterday , having been found to have swine flu symptoms , the numbers that get infected from there will be interesting to see.... I hope it is none !!! But it will be interesting to know how easily it spreads from 3 among 180,000 . I would not use the term interesting if the virus were worse ie more fatal , and don't mean it to be offensive in any way ...

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 04:38:01 pm »
n the same way I find it interesting going into rooms and sneezing etc. I worked within a small community once and they all had sickness bug, I was cooking and evening meal and me, being  :pig: thought more for me, well just after my last mouthful I had such bad cramps and did not knwo what to do first, I drove home to spend most of the evening in the Bathroom!!!! I bet loads of people have been on planes and long coach trips and caught bad throats!!!! My worse one although not life threatening was working with an ASBO child, he had a HUGE cold sore, I took a week off for a break and when I came back, ALL the staff had cold sores as he used to spit at them and wim for thier mouths eeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! As a self employed person and my partner an agency worker, neither will get sick benifits so I am a bit concerned!!!!

rustyme

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 05:06:06 pm »
sounds like it could have been the norovirus Sandy ? It does the rounds of hospitals and care homes most years nowdays , it can give you terrible cramps as in gastro enteritis and also make you puke at the same time .....had it !!!  and you do not know what to do with yourself ...sat on the loo with a bowl on your lap ....or it may have been cryptosporidium, had that too .. very similar again ...terrible cramps . Also had a form of food poisoning from eating rare cooked meat . I can not eat anything rare at all , it has to be cooked right the way through , not a trace of any pink . I have tried, but after 3 bouts of terrible cramps and all that goes with it , I now accept that it is not for me ...lol . As for sh*tes gobbing in my mouth yuk ...I could not deal with that , I would have knocked his head off ....lol.... thats why I don't work with ASBO kids or the like ....no patience at all for that sort of thing . I was brought up under the old way .. there are consequences to your actions ...ie you misbehave , you get a thick ear ...and no I didn't get a thick ear very often, was I a goody goody ? NO,  I just didn't get caught  ::)

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 05:52:37 pm »
I could tell some tales, your hands are tied when working with this sort of child, I have only moderate injuries but some people had horrid things happen, I am too old and to wise to work in that field anymore, strange thing is, even these sort of mis treated young people have some respect, if you go into the job with an attitude you end up in a battle, I used to be (and am more so) so laid back I did not always notice the danger I was in until after and belive you me, I was in danger, one lad I worked with used to try to snap your neck!!!!!!!!! I fell I have done my bit and NO MORE, I now have a BIG BOLD LAB that is intent in seeing me off!!!! ;)

rustyme

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 06:22:46 pm »
you have more patience than I do , my late dad was in the army for 16 years and for most was a drill Sgt ,and an absolute bast*rd of one at that . In his younger days in the army he taught unarmed combat etc in the SOE , the fore runner of the SAS , he was also a champion boxer in the army, so you can imagine me , being the eldest boy , I got it full on everyday . It made no difference to me I knew no other way . But I grew up knowing how to drop anyone in any situation if need be , but also not to take any crap from anyone for any reason . He got busted so many times as a younger soldier, as he would always fight against authority ( why join the army ???) , that unfortunately has rubbed off on me  ::), and although I don't go round fighting these days (been there done that !!) ,no desire to do so now ( I must have grown up somewhere along the line) , if I needed to I could  look after myself . But it is for those reasons I could not take crap from anyone , family  is different , why I don't know but it is. I also have a very low breaking point as far as temper goes . That is due to the smash , very bad head injuries, but I have learned to control my temper to a degree, I shout at inanimate objects .... ::) So although I am laid back these days , and just do my own thing ,and let others do theirs , I know I couldn't do what you have done ...I would be up for GBH (been there done that  too !!),  or some similar act .....I know my limitations.....they are many ... ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 07:08:54 pm »
see a few people sacked wen they have been punched in the face and retaliate!!!!! I wounder if because I am not that strong I have adapted a different approach, talk  um to death ;D good at that!!

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 08:46:13 pm »
Tut, tut Russ....Razor wire is contrary to the Geneva Convention. However, I understand that you can get away with landmines with a nod and a wink. Sure isn't everyone using them these days  ;)

rustyme

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 09:19:34 pm »
OH MY GOD .... does that mean I am breaking a law ? oh well now that you have let the cat out of the bag about the land mines , I will say that if they can traverse the mine field  to remove the razor wire, they are welcome to do so , I'll get them with the mortars anyway !!! Any that get past them I can pick off with the longbow !!! I have managed to get 6 40 foot containers buried out of sight , so I only need to poke my head out on very rare occasions now. Three years supply of food and water down there now , along with any medication I may need , any bodies up top can stay where they are , the local buzzards and crows will make short work of them . Mind you Swine flu is also part avian flu !!! so could introduce a new variant back to birds ? mmmm oh well , onwards and upwards , must not let a thing like swine flu change my way of life. Everything must carry on as normal , nothing to worry about . Just got hope that the wheat store doesn't get a touch of ergot !!!!! Yes, I will make some bread and give it to the neighbours first, see how they are a few days later......

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 10:43:02 pm »
I can't fathom you out Russ. ;)  Are you REALLY that obsessed ;)   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 10:50:12 pm »
hard to answer with tongue firmly planted in cheek !!!!!!!!!! ::) :o ;D ;D   err no, I think of nothing else , day in day out 24/7, to use the modern vernacular..... ;D ;D ::)

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 10:51:49 pm »
But you DO have an underground bunker, yes? ;D

rustyme

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 11:03:30 pm »
of course I do , doesn't everyone ??
             well no not really ..... I suffer from really bad claustrophobia, so I couldn't live in an underground bunker if I wanted to  ::) :D apart from that, I will be a long time dead ...and I will be spending a long time underground then ...thats enough for me ....

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS